Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, USA|
|Key people||Lynn Lasher, founder|
White Chocolate Sauce - Pear William
Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce, LLC is an all-natural, gluten-free gourmet chocolate sauce company based in Houston, Texas. The company was founded by Lynn Lasher and her three children in April 2005.
Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce products can be found in specialty food stores such as Whole Foods Market, Balducci's, Central Market, Breed & Company, Rice Epicurean Markets, Hubbell and Hudson, FRESH by Brookshire's and Foodstuffs. The dessert sauces are currently available in Arkansas, Connecticut, Washington, D.C., Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Texas and Virginia and online.
Lynn Lasher first developed a business model for her three children through their lemonade stands. She focused on advertising, cash flow, and customer service in hopes of interesting them in business. By April 2005, Lasher and her children decided to expand upon the model and developed the Somebody's Mother's company which produces a chocolate sauce they had often made at home.
Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce exhibited at NASFT's 2009 Summer Fancy Food Show in New York, NASFT's 2010 Summer Fancy Food Show in New York,  NASFT's 2011 Summer Fancy Food Show in Washington, DC, and NASFT's 2012 Summer Fancy Food Show in Washington, DC.
Singer/songwriter Amy Kuney wrote her song "Chocolate" in honor of Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce because Lasher invested in Kuney's career. The song is offered as a free download on the Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce website.
Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce launched their Simple Things Contest in March 2011, encouraging people to donate to USA Cares and to submit a story about an important person in their lives. The winners of the best stories, which were selected by Lynn Lasher, received $500 gift cards to one of Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce's retail partners.
Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce produces six all-natural, gluten-free and corn-free, gourmet dessert sauces: Chocolate (all-natural chocolate sauce based on a 100-year-old recipe), Caramel (sweet and creamy caramel sauce), White Chocolate (white chocolate sauce with a hint of Pear William Brandy), Mocha (chocolate sauce infused with coffee and chicory), Praline (sweet and creamy caramel sauce with roasted walnuts), and Island (white chocolate sauce with chopped macadamia nuts, coconut & coconut rum). The regular-sized jars of sauce are sold in 9.5 oz jars. The mini jars, which are sold in three-jar gift sets, contain 3.7 oz of dessert sauce.
Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce also carries gift packages featuring their chocolate sauces, including two and three-jar gift-wrapped boxes, in their online store.
Each lid of a jar of Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce displays quotes about mothers or a quote from a famous mother, including quotes from Barbara Bush and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Consumers are allowed to submit quotes through the official website.
Awards and Critical Reception
In 2011, Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce was named one of the top 12 Artisan Producers for Quality & Innovation in The Nibble's 2011 Artisan Food Awards.
- Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce Official Website
- Fox News: On the Record with Greta
- Chocolate Fix
- CafeMom Journal
- Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce Official Website - Stores
- NASFT sofi Silver Finalists
- 2010 NASFT Fancy Food Show
- 2011 NASFT Fancy Food Show
- 2012 NASFT Fancy Food Show
- Amy Kuney performing "Chocolate"
- Women's Day Daily WD: Nominate Someone Who Touched Your Life to Win a $500 Gift Card
- Parents.com GoodyBlog: Eat Well, Do Good
- BettyConfidential.com: Enter 'The Simple Things Contest' to Win a $500 Grocery Gift Card!
- Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce Products Page
- Bite of the Best
- Chic Galleria
- Corn Allergy Advocate
- The New York Times: So Ice Cream Can Slip on its Party Dress
- Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce Official Online Store - Set of Three Gift-Wrapped Mini Jars
- Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce Official Online Store
- The Nibble Food Awards 2011
- Chicago Tribune: Shelf Line
- Houston Chronicle: A Touch of Houston at no Extra Charge
- The Nibble: Top Pick of the Week
- Serious Eats: Serious Chocolate
- Epicurious: Treat of the Week
- Chow: Supertaster