Someone Else's Star
|"Someone Else's Star"|
|Single by Bryan White|
|from the album Bryan White|
|Released||May 22, 1995|
|Writer(s)||Skip Ewing, Jim Weatherly|
|Producer(s)||Billy Joe Walker, Jr.
|Bryan White singles chronology|
"Someone Else's Star" is a country song co-written by Skip Ewing and Jim Weatherly, and first recorded by singer Davis Daniel on his 1994 album Davis Daniel. A year later, Bryan White cut the song for his self-titled debut album, and released his version as a single. The third single from this album, it was also his first Number One on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart.
The song's narrator is a male character who laments his inability to find someone with whom he can fall in love. He then assumes that others are getting what he is wishing for, because he is "wishing on someone else's star".
White's version of the song debuted at number 60 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated May 27, 1995. It charted for twenty weeks on that chart, and reached Number One on the chart dated September 9, 1995, where it remained for one week, also giving White his first Number One single.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||5|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||12|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||83|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||75|
"Not on Your Love"
by Jeff Carson
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
September 9, 1995
"I Like It, I Love It"
by Tim McGraw
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 457. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 8536." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 25, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Bryan White Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Bryan White.
- "Bryan White Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Bryan White.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Best of 1995: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.