|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Diane Colley-Urquhart|
|• Total||3.4 km2 (1.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,070 m (3,510 ft)|
|• Average Income||$88,150|
|Website||Somerset Community Association|
Somerset is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located at the southern edge of the city, north of the Spruce Meadows Trail and east from the community of Bridlewood and west from Macleod Trail. The Spruce Meadows equestrian facility is located immediately south-west.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $88,150 in 2000, and there were 6.6% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 23.1% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 10.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 4.8% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by the Somerset School (K~4) public school, and Samuel W. Shaw School.(5~9) Both of these schools are run by the Calgary Board of Education. Bishop O'Byrne High School is also readily accessible to Somerset Residents, which is run by the Calgary Catholic School Board.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Somerset Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (ESRI SHAPEFILE). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 13 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.