Something to Talk About (film)
|Something to Talk About|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Lasse Hallström|
|Produced by||Goldie Hawn
|Written by||Callie Khouri|
|Music by||Hans Zimmer
|Editing by||Mia Goldman|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Running time||106 minutes|
Something to Talk About is a 1995 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Lasse Hallström, from a screenplay written by Callie Khouri. It stars Julia Roberts and Dennis Quaid as an estranged couple, Kyra Sedgwick as Roberts's sister, and Robert Duvall and Gena Rowlands as their parents. The title of the film stems from the Bonnie Raitt song of the same name. The film was shot in various locations around Georgia.
Grace (Julia Roberts) discovers that her husband Eddie (Dennis Quaid) is having an affair with another woman. To her surprise, she also discovers that people around her advise her to forgive and forget instead of making an issue out of it. Her father (Robert Duvall) owns a hunter/jumper horse farm and thinks that the whole family should instead concentrate on an upcoming competition.
- Julia Roberts as Grace King Bichon
- Dennis Quaid as Eddie Bichon
- Robert Duvall as Wyly King
- Kyra Sedgwick as Emma Rae King
- Gena Rowlands as Georgia King
- Haley Aull as Caroline 'Doodlebug' Bichon
The film earned mixed reviews from critics, with Rotten Tomatoes giving this film a 37% rating based on 27 reviews.
Sedgwick was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- Something to Talk About at the Internet Movie Database
- Something to Talk About at the TCM Movie Database
- Something to Talk About at AllRovi
- Something to Talk About at Box Office Mojo
- Something to Talk About at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a comedy–drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|