Soni Razdan at the premiere of Well Done Abba
25 October 1956 |
Birmingham, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Actress and film director|
|Spouse(s)||Mahesh Bhatt (1986–present)|
|Children||Alia Bhatt & Shaheen Bhatt|
Soni Razdan is a British-born Indian actress and film director.
Razdan started her career in English theatre with John Fowler's The Collector and Hindi stage career with Satyadev Dubey's adaptation of Satre's No Exit and Bund Darvaze.
She appeared as Sulochana in the hit Doordarshan TV series Buniyaad. She also acted in Indian TV serials Saahil, Gaatha and has been a regular on Indian television. In 2002, she turned to direction with Aur Phir Ek Din on Star Plus, a take-off on the Michelle Pfeiffer-George Clooney starrer One Fine Day.
She has acted in numerous Bollywood movies.
Razdan married film director Mahesh Bhatt in April 1986. She is the mother of actress Alia Bhatt (born 15 March 1993) & Shaheen Bhatt (born 28 November 1988) and step mother of Pooja Bhatt & Rahul Bhatt.[not in citation given]
- Ahista Ahista (1981)
- Mandi (1983)
- Trikaal (1985)
- Khamosh (1985)
- Such a Long Journey (1988)
- Sadak (1991)
- Sir (1993)
- Gumraah (1993)
- Monsoon Wedding (2001)
- Page 3 (2005)
- Jaan-E-Mann (2006)
- Patiala House (2011)
- Love Breakups Zindagi (2011)
- Shootout at Wadala (2013)
- Nazar (2005)
- Buniyaad (1986)
- "England and Wales, Birth Registration Index". Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- The Hindu, Online (30 December 2008). "woman of many parts".
- "Karl Hoelzer , Alia's great grandfather dared to take on the Nazi regime in his own small way and paid a very heavy price for it.". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "BUT LITTLE DID ALIA's GRANDMA GERTRUDE KNOW that her tragic story would have a happy ending.". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- expressindia, daily news (30 January 2001). "I'll voice the worries of Kashmiri Pandits".
- "@PoojaB1972 @MaheshNBhatt @AdrianMLevy I'm half Kashmiri Pandit and Half German..also an atheist and have not imposed any faith on my kids". Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- The Tribune, Spectrum (13 August 2006). "Soni Razdan returns". TheTribune.com.
- Rediff On The Net, Movies: An interview with Soni Razdan
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|