Bade Achhe Lagte Hain
|This article or section may be slanted towards recent events. (March 2014)|
|Bade Achhe Lagte Hain|
A promotional logo image of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain.
|Also known as||Bade Achhe Lagte Hain - Yeh Dharti, Yeh Nadiya, Yeh Raina, Aur Tum|
|Genre||Indian Soap Opera
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Based on||Patrani by Imtiaz Patel|
Jayesh D. Patil
|Directed by||Sangeeta Rao
Anil V. Kumar (directed episode 166 of 12 March 2012)
|Creative director(s)||Creative Director
Asso. Creative Head
Priya Satish Sahni
(For entire cast see below)
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen
|Opening theme||"Bade Achhe Lagte Hain" by Shreya Ghoshal and Trijayh Dey|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||592 as on 1 April 2014|
|Executive producer(s)||Prashant Shekle and Pradeep Hinduja|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor|
Dubai (Episode 235-Episode 270; mid 2012)
Australia (Episode 102-Episode 117; late 2011)
|Running time||Approx. 20-25 minutes (General episodes)
Aprrox. 45-50 minutes (Crossover episodes)
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original channel||Sony Entertainment Television India|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)
|Original run||30 May 2011 – Present|
Bade Achhe Lagte Hain is an Indian television drama series that premiered on May 30, 2011 on Sony Entertainment Television India. It airs every Monday to Thursday at 10:30 PM (IST). But since early 2014 the show has been airing only from Monday to Tuesday. It also airs on Sony Entertainment Television Asia and is based on the play "Patrani" written by Imtiaz Patel. The show has been created by Indian television and film producer and the joint managing Director of Balaji Telefilms, Ekta Kapoor.
The show explores the worlds of two very different people, Priya Sharma and Ram Kapoor, who accidentally discover love after they marry each other. The series is produced by Ekta Kapoor and stars actors Sakshi Tanwar and Ram Kapoor in the leads. After the story took a five-year leap in June 2012 many new actors and characters were introduced, including Samir Kochhar, who plays the role of Rajat Kapur.
Bade Achhe Lagte Hain was also dubbed in Telugu and aired on Gemini TV. The first episode was broadcast on April 9, 2012 as Nuvvu Nachhavu, airing in the 2pm (IST) time slot. The show went off-air on Gemini TV on August 31, 2012, having aired 205 episodes. Bade Achhe Lagte Hain has also been dubbed in Tamil and airs on Polimer TV. It began broadcasting on 10 December 2012 as Ullam Kollai Poguthada and incorporates certain changes in the character names.
Bade Achhe Lagte Hain is a love story between two completely different people, Ram Kapoor and Priya Sharma. Ram Kapoor is a well reputed, rich and powerful businessman in his early 40s. By contrast, Priya comes from a middle-class family. She is shown as sensible, philosophical, and more mature than Ram.
The story begins when Ram's younger step sister, Natasha, and Priya's younger brother, Kartik, fall in love with each other. The problem is that Kartik does not think it is right for him to marry before his older sister marries. To solve this problem, Ram agrees to marry Priya for no other reason than to pave the way for Kartik and Natasha to marry.
Initially, Ram and Priya dislike each other. As time passes and they spend more time with one another, their dislike begins to change to respect and eventually love. However, their relationship remains difficult. It seems that every time Priya and Ram grow closer, problems arise that once more drive them apart.
As the story progresses, several antagonists are introduced. The chronology also moves around, jumping around by months and years. However, after every problem, whether large or small, Ram and Priya seem to always reunite.
- Sakshi Tanwar as Priya Ram Kapoor (née Sharma)
- Ram Kapoor as Ram Amarnath Kapoor
- Eva Grover as Niharika
- Chahat Khanna / Akanksha Juneja as Ayesha
- Amrita Mukherjee / Aanchal Munjal / Fenil Umrigar / Sonia Balani as Pihu
- Shubhavi K. as Juhi
- Ekta Kaul as Suhani
- Sameer Kochhar as Rajat Kapur
- Jai Kalra as Vikram Shergill
- Tarana Raja Kapoor as Neha Vikram Shergill
- Niti Taylor as Naina
- Neev Ritesh Jain / Gaurav Sharma / Aditya Kapadia / Ankit Narang as Khush
- Azaan Rustam Shah / Rohan Shah / Yuvraj Thakur / Lavin Gothi as Sameer Vikram Shergill
- Madhu Raja as Krishna Amarnath Kapoor
- Rajinder Kaur Manchanda as Daadi / Parminder Kaur Kapoor
- Sumona Chakravarti as Natasha Sharma (née Kapoor)
- Sunny Goraya as Rishabh Amarnath Kapoor
- Dipti Shrikant / Amrin Chakkiwala as Saumya Rishabh Kapoor
- Salim Shah / Deepak Qazir Kejriwal as Shiney Talwar
- Prithvi Sankhala as Sudhir Sharma
- Renuka Israni as Shipra Sudhir Sharma
- Mahesh Shetty as Siddhant
- Ashnoor Kaur / Vinti Idlani as Mayra Ram Kapoor
- Zaynah Vastani / Pragati Chourasiya as Pari Ram Kapoor (young)
- Anshul Pandey as Rahul Vikram Shergill (elder)
- Arshima Thapar as Kadambari Shergill / Kady
- Kanika Shivpuri as Dai Jaa
- Ruhee Bagga as Ridhima (elder)
- Mohit Malhotra / Chirag Thakkar as Kartik Sudhir Sharma
- Sonal Parihar as Jhanvi Kartik Sharma
- Harsh Khurana as Ashwin Khanna
- Madhumita Das as Shruti Ashwin Khanna
- Rohan Mehra as Varun Ashwin Khanna
- Amit Bhalla as Dr. Jayesh Karekar / Jayesh Patil
- Asha Negi as Apeksha
- Priya Marathe as Jyoti Malhotra
- Vaibhav Joshi as Rehaan
- Yatin Mehta as Raunak Kartik Sharma (elder)
- Kajal Pisal as Ishika Aditya Dhanrajgir (née Karekar / Kapoor)
- Saptrishi Ghosh as Rishi Shandeliya
- Karan Mehra as Bhanu Shergill
- Charu Asopa as Saudamini
- Anshuman Singh Mahant as Shags
- Rakshanda Khan as Isha Singhania
- Rushad Rana as Shekhar
- Nandini Sen as Nandini Bittu Singh
- Nivin Ramani as Robin
- Arjit Taneja
- Mamta Luthra as Nani
- Parakh Madan as Harvinder / Harry
- Shiwani Chakraborty as Shanaya
Major part of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain is shot in Mumbai, India. However the show was also shot in Australia (Episode 102-Episode 117) In late 2011, Australia served as the honeymoon destination for Ram and Priya. The show had a partnership between Tourism Australia, with support from Destination New South Wales, Sony Entertainment Television India and Balaji Telefilms. The honeymoon episodes were shot in Sydney, focusing on the iconic Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach, Sydney Cricket Ground and other locations. Maggie White, Regional General Manager, South, South East Asia and Gulf, Tourism Australia, said: "This association gives us a great opportunity to feature Australia on mainstream Indian television...and with initiatives like these we look forward to encouraging positive conversations about Australia and another good season of honeymoon travel." 
The show was also shot in Dubai (Episode 235-Episode 270) in mid-2012 to show the narrative arc featuring a five year leap/ The shooting in Dubai was in partnership with Binali Tourism LLC and Shreenathji Holidays.In the  Priya is shown living with her five year old daughter, Peehu in Dubai until she has to come back to Mumbai.
The production team experienced difficulties as they failed to obtain the right permits to shoot in Dubai. Reports claimed that the police arrived on the sets and requested to see the paperwork. The crew was not able to show it and were asked to pack up and leave. Soon rumours spread that Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar were kept under house arrest in Dubai. Later Ram Kapoor clarified saying: "The house arrest rumours are utter nonsense. The only thing which is true is that we ran into some permission problems because of which we had to stop the shoot. And we returned the same night without any problem." Sameer Kochhar also clarified saying: "We were shooting for almost a week but later got into some work permit issues. But everything is sorted now."
Some shooting was also done in Jaipur to show a six month leap.
- Vidya Balan and Emran Hashmi (to promote their film The Dirty Picture) 
- Ronit Roy (to promote his television series Adaalat)
- Tusshar Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh (to promote their film Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum) 
- Tusshar Kapoor and John Abraham (to promote their film Shootout at Wadala)
- Akshay Kumar (to promote his film Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara)
- Priyanka Chopra and Ram Charan (to promote their film Zanjeer)
- Vidya Balan (to promote her film Shaadi Ke Side Effects)
- Jackky Bhagnani and Neha Sharma (to promote their film Youngistaan)
- Bade Achhe Lagte Hain had two crossover episodes with Kya Hua Tera Vaada on 4 and 5 December 2012.
- Bade Achhe Lagte Hain had one crossover episode with Kehta Hai Dil...Jee Le Zara on 6 December 2013.
Bade Achhe Lagte Hain was very well received by the audience because of its mature love story and also because of the superb chemistry between its leads. It was declared a "Hit" by many news channels, newspapers, forums and blogs. Co-producer and creator Ekta Kapoor said: "When we started Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, the plan was to run it for only 150 episodes. But fortunately, the show has done well. Now the challenge is: how to take the storyline forward and maintain the freshness?"
The show became one of the most watched shows of 2011 and has also helped to make Sony Entertainment Television India number two in the network rankings. However, its popularity has waned over time and the show's TRPs dropped to 2.3 in early January 2013.
During the summer of 2012 Ekta Kapoor introduced a five-year leap, which was the first chronological displacement introduced in the show. Post leap the story also took a complete different turn and some 36 episodes (Episode 235-271) were shot in Dubai. The leap was not well received by most viewers. Ekta said: "My inbox has also been jammed. Honestly speaking, hate mail can get quite unnerving at times." She considered taking a six-month season break but said: "...in India, unlike the West, we don’t have such a structure. Plus, we can’t keep making it dramatic with day-to-day happenings."
Sakshi Tanwar and Ram Kapoor received the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award. Ekta Kapoor was also honoured with the Best Producer award. The show has won six Indian Television Academy Awards, three Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards, five Indian Telly Awards, three FICCI Frames Excellence Honours, three People's Choice Awards.
- The episode in which Ram and Priya consummate their marriage
- "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain team leaves for Dubai!". The Times of India. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- India Infoline News Service (22 November 2011). "‘Bade Acche Lagte Hain’ travels to Australia". Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- TV Basti. "BALH Overview". Retrieved May 3, 2012.
- "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 's time slot". SET Asia. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain's time slot". SET India. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain Timing". In.com. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Reviews, Maimit. "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain: Abortion Lie Vs Love Story (for the reference please read the last line of the review)". Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Opening credits of the show
- "Ekta Kapoor's Bade Acche Lagte Hain....". India Today. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- Sony Entertainment Television India. "Story of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Retrieved April 2012.
- bestmediainfo.com (4 August 2012). "Sony becomes No. 2 riding on Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- Wadhwa, Akash (19 January 2013). "Highest paid TV stars garner the lowest TRPs". Times of India. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- The Hindu. "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain makes space on Gemini TV". Retrieved Early-April 2012.
- allvoices.com. "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain will also entertain Telugu viewers, on Gemini TV". Retrieved Early-April 2012.
- "Nuvvu Nachav link". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Mayura Akilan (4 January 2013). "உள்ளம் கொள்ளை போகுதடா! பாலிமர் டிவியில் காதல் தொடர்" (in Tamil). Tamil One India. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Bade Acche Lagte Hain shooting hindered in Dubai". jaipur.patrika.com. Jaipur Patrika. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Opening credits of the show
- Priyanka Naithani (20 July 2012). "Ram Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar under ‘house arrest’". Times of India. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Ekta's Bade Acche Lagte Hain lands in a soup". India Today (Online). 16 July 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- IBN (13 July 2012). ""Bade Achhe Lagte Hain" cast under house arrest in Dubai". Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Metro Masti. "Vidya Balan on the sets of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, during Ram and Priya's Australia honeymoon". Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- IANS (20 February 2014). "Vidya Balan to feature on 'Bade Acche Lagte Hain'". Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Metro Masti. "Ronit Roy in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- The Times of India. "Tusshar and Ritesh in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- Metro Masti. "Ritesh and Tusshar promote Kyaa Supercool Hain Hum on the sets of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "Bollywood stars — Ritesh and Tusshar in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Daily Bhaskar. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- ANI (24 April 2013). "John Abraham on the sets of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- TNN (13 August 2013). "Akshay Kumar in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Times of India. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Kidwai, Uzma. "Bade Achhe Lagte Hai: Priyanka Chopra, Ram Charan Teja's presence to grace the show". Parda Phash. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- TNN (26 March 2014). "Jackky Bhagnani in Bade Acche Lagte Hai". Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Bade Acche Lagte Hain: Is Ram Kapoor leaving the show?". IBN. 29 November 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Ram Kapoor to leave Bade Acche Lagte Hain?". India Today. 29 November 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Vijaya Tiwari (1 December 2012). "Ram Kapoor will not die in Bade Achhe..?". Times of India. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Asha Mahadevan. "Bade Acche Lagte Hain: Leap or no leap?". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Prashant Singh (May 31, 2012). "Ekta Kapoor gets hate mails for Bade Acche Lagte Hai leap". Hindustan Times (Mumbai). Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Bade Acche Lagte Hain: Viewers slam the five year leap!". One India Entertainment. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar win their first "Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award"!". The Times of India. 5 May 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Bade Achhe Lagte Hain Official site on SET India
- Bade Achhe Lagte Hain at the Internet Movie Database