Sonia Sekula (18 April 1918 – 25 April 1963) (also known as Sonja Sekula) was a Swiss-born artist linked with the abstract expressionist movement.
She lived in America from 1936 to 1955.
She attended Sarah Lawrence College.
She is buried in St. Moritz as she had requested in a letter to her mother.
- 1943 - Group show 31 Women Artists, Art of this Century Gallery, New York
- 1948 - Betty Parsons Gallery, New York
- 1957 - Galerie Palette, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1996 - Kunstmuseum Winterthur, Switzerland (1 June - 11 August)
- 1996 - Sonja Sekula (1918–1963): A Retrospective, Swiss Institute, New York, USA (12 September - 26 October) 
- Womb - poem and drawing - VVV, March 1943
- Who was Sonia Sekula?, Art in America, October 1971 
- A Golden Girl Escaping Into Infinity, New York Times, 20 September 1996
- Dunkelschwestern - Annemarie von Matt und Sonja Sekula, by Roger Perret and Roman Kurzmeyer, 2008
- Sekula, Sonja in the SIKART dictionary and database