Sonoma County Roller Derby is a roller derby league based in Santa Rosa, in the U.S. state of California. Founded in 2007, the league consists of two travel teams, which compete against teams from other leagues.
The league was founded early in 2007 and was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in October 2009, becoming a full member of the WFTDA in December 2010.
The league has a close relationship with Mendo Mayhem Roller Derby. In February 2011, some former league skaters formed the Resurrection Roller Girls. Following this, Sonoma County left its California skate venue, which it had regularly been selling out, and redeveloped a former furniture store in downtown Santa Rosa as a new roller rink.
- ^ Christopher Chung, "Head Over Wheels", The Press Democrat, May 9, 2007
- ^ "Apprentice Leagues", WFTDA [version of 16 November 2009]
- ^ "WFTDA Welcomes Seven New Full Member Leagues", WFTDA, 1 December 2010
- ^ Jeff Weston, "Mendo Mayhem Roller Derby's scrimmage with Sonoma County", Ukiah Daily Journal, July 27, 2011
- ^ Emily Charrier-Botts, "Roller derby's fast, furious", Sonoma Index-Tribune, August 29, 2011
- ^ Kevin McCallum, "HomeWreckers roll into downtown Santa Rosa", The Press Democrat, July 1, 2011
- ^ "Current Rankings", WFTDA