Sonoma Mountain Village Rohnert Park
Sonoma Mountain Village is a $1 billion, 200-acre (0.81 km2) mixed-use redevelopment of a former Agilent campus in Rohnert Park, California (40 miles (64 km) north of San Francisco) proposed by Codding Enterprises.
Sonoma Mountain Village aims to be an environmentally friendly development.
Facilities and timeline
Plans call for Sonoma Mountain Village to be built in three to six phases over 12 years, on a site located walking distance from a proposed Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit station.
The proposal includes:
- 1,892 units for 5,000 residents,
- a town center,
- 839,000 square feet (77,900 m2) of commercial, office and retail space,
- a charter school (Credo High School), and
- an International all-weather soccer field.
Sonoma Mountain Village home construction is planned to start in 2012, and the project is expected to create 4,400 jobs.
- Peters, Adel. "Sonoma Mountain Village: Is Green Suburbia Possible". Retrieved 19 Feb 09.
- Perrigan, Dana (March 25, 2007). "TAKING GREEN UP A NOTCH / 12-year dream to meld sustainability". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved March 25, 2007.
- Quackenbush, Jeff. "Planning commission recommends Sonoma Mountain Village approval". Retrieved August 2, 2010.