|Industry||Music & Entertainment|
2385 NW Executive Center Dr.
Boca Raton, Florida United States
133 Richmond Street W.Toronto, Ontario Canada
|Key people||Dwayne Bigelow: Principal/CEO
Ivan Cavric: Principal & Director of International Division
Sonorous Entertainment Inc. is a US company that was established in 2011 as an independent Christian record label by Dwayne Bigelow (Principal/CEO). The company's headquarters is located in Boca Raton, Florida, with its International Division located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
House of Beauty (HOB) Music Catalog
House of Beauty was a beauty salon established around 1948 by Carmen Murphy. In the 1950s she started funding gospel recordings and converted the salon's basement into a practice room.
Ms Murphy's inspiration for HOB Records started when she attended a Good Friday Mass in her home town of Detroit. Finding her self particularly moved by the performances that evening she would eventually convert the basement of her salon “House of Beauty” into a rehearsal space for local Gospel acts. Later that year she funded the recording of a local Gospel star Rev. James Cleveland and the HOB Record label was born. Artists for the label included Shirley Caesar, Rev. James Cleveland, The Staple Singers, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Albertina Walker, The Mighty Clouds of Joy, and many others.
Over the years the HOB Records label was owned and operated by a number of companies. The label grew commercially and successfully between 1964 and 1976 when Scepter Records owned it. In 1976 the owner of Scepter Records, Florence Greenberg decided to retire and sold her record labels to Springboard International. When Springboard went bankrupt, Gusto Records acquired the HOB catalog. In the years to follow the HOB catalog continued to change hands.
In the Fall of 2011 Sonorous Entertainment acquired the House of Beauty (HOB) Music Catalog which gave Sonorous the copyrights to over 3,000 sound recordings and the publishing rights to over 200 songs.
With a vast collection of songs from the HOB Music Catalog, Sonorous began producing its Platinum Gospel Series. This series included digitally remastered compilations of various and individual Gospel artists. Physical and digital distribution in the United States for the series was undertaken by Sonorous' distribution partner Universal Music Group.
- Hoszia Hinds
- Beautiful Remnant Group
- Shirley Caesar
- Rev. James Cleveland
- The Staple Singers
- The Blind Boys of Alabama
- Albertina Walker
- The Mighty Clouds of Joy
- Dixie Hummingbirds
- Highway QC's
- The Swan Silvertones
- Clara Ward
- Rev. Milton Brunson
- Platinum Gospel: Gospel Christmas by Various Artists
- Platinum Gospel: Songs of Hope by Various Artists
- Platinum Gospel: Rev. James Cleveland by Rev. James Cleveland
- Platinum Gospel: Albertina Walker by Albertina Walker
- Platinum Gospel: The Staple Singers by The Staple Singers
- Platinum Gospel: The Five Blind Boys of Alabama by The Five Blind Boys of Alabama
- Platinum Gospel: Greatest Hits of Black Gospel by Various Artists
- Platinum Gospel: Shirley Caesar by Shirley Caesar
- Platinum Gospel: The Swan Silvertones by The Swan Silvertones
- Platinum Gospel: The Divas of Gospel by Various Artists
- Platinum Gospel: The Mighty Men of Gospel by Variou Artists
- Platinum Gospel: Rev. Milton Brunson by Rev. Milton Brunson
- Platinum Gospel: Songs of Praise by Various Artists
- Hoszia Hinds: Can't Live Without You - single by Hoszia Hinds
- Beautiful Remnant Group: Confidence - single by Beautiful Remnant Group
- Platinum Gospel: Great Gospel Quartets by Various Artists
- Platinum Gospel: Dixie Hummingbirds by Dixie Hummingbirds
- Platinum Gospel: Great Gospel Choirs by Various Artists
- Platinum Gospel: Clara Ward by Clara Ward
- Platinum Gospel: The Highway QC's by The Highway QC's
- Harvest Gospel: The Five Blind Boys of Alabama
- Harvest Gospel: Rev. James Cleveland
- Harvest Gospel: Shirley Caesar
- Harvest Gospel: The Swan Silvertones
- Harvest Gospel: Albertina Walker
- Harvest Gospel: The Mighty Clouds of Joy
- Soulful Detroit - The Mike Hanks Story
- "Sonorous Entertainment Inc. Acquires the Legendary House of Beauty (HOB) Records Catalog". Retrieved 2 February 2012.