"Sons and Daughters of Saint Lucia" is the national anthem of Saint Lucia, first adopted in 1967 upon achieving self-government, and confirmed as the official anthem upon independence in 1979.
The lyrics were written by Charles Jesse, and the music by Leton Felix Thomas.
- Sons and daughters of Saint Lucia,
- love the land that gave us birth,
- land of beaches, hills and valleys,
- fairest isle of all the earth.
- Wheresoever you may roam,
- love, oh, love our island home.
- Gone the times when nations battled
- for this 'Helen of the West',
- gone the days when strife and discord
- Dimmed her children's toil and rest.
- Dawns at last a brighter day,
- stretches out a glad new way.
- May the good Lord bless our island,
- guard her sons from woe and harm,
- may our people live united,
- strong in soul and strong in arm!
- Justice, Truth and Charity,
- our ideal for ever be!