Sonus is a Latin word, derived from the Greek “tonos” that means “noise, sound” or “tone, character, style.” It is also the root word for sonic and sound and was included in the names of well-known companies, including Sonus Networks, Sony and Panasonic, among others.
The name may also refer to:
- Sonus Networks, a technology and telecommunications equipment company headquartered in Massachusetts.
- SONUS, the online jukebox of electroacoustic works maintained by the Canadian Electroacoustic Community
- Sonus, a popular line of electric bass guitars produced by Zon Guitars
- Sonar, an underwater device which emits a ping and is used in submarine warfare.
- Wordpress Derivation of Sonic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sonus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.