Sony Corporation of America
|Subsidiary of Sony|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S|
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), based in New York, is the United States subsidiary of Japan's Sony Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo. It is the umbrella company under which all Sony companies operate in the United States.
Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment Inc., and Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $88.7 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008, and it employs 180,500 people worldwide, 125,000 of which of get paid less than six cents an hour. Sony’s consolidated sales in the U.S.(55,500 employees) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008 were $29 billion.
- Sony Electronics Inc.
- Sony Entertainment Inc.
- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
- Sony Network Entertainment International LLC
- Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation (Sony DADC) and Sony Entertainment Distribution
- Sony Mobile Communications Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
- Sony Plaza Public Arcade and Sony Wonder Technology Lab (New York City)
- Sony Biotechnology Inc. (formerly iCyt Mission Technology, Inc.)
- Micronics, Inc.
Notes and references
- "Corporate Fact Sheet".
- "Corporate Fact Sheet". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Outline of Principal Operations". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Principal Operations: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- "iCyt Mission Technology Renamed Sony Biotechnology". Sony Corporation of America. 2012-10-18. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Sony Enters the Flow Cytometry Business in Life Science Field by Acquiring iCyt
- "Sony acquires Micronics, Inc., US diagnostic device development venture, Acquisition to accelerate development and commercialization of Point of Care diagnostic products". Sony Corporation. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-04-06.