Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100
|Image sensor type||Exmor CMOS sensor|
|Image sensor size||1.0" type (13.2 × 8.8 mm) Exmor CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2, Pixel gross: 20.9 MP (approx.), Effective picture resolution: 20.2 MP (approx.)|
|Image sensor maker||Sony|
|Recording medium||Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card|
|Maximum resolution||20.2 MP|
|Lens||Fixed lens, F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens|
Single-shot AF (AF-S) / Continuous AF (AF-C) / Direct Manual Focus (DMF) / Manual FocusAF Modes: Multi point AF (25 points) / Center weighted AF / Flexible spot / Flexible spot (tracking focus) / Flexible sport (face tracking)
|Frame rate||US: 60p, UK: 50p|
|Shutter||iAuto (4-1/2000) / Program Auto (1-1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30-1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8-1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30-1/2000)|
|Shutter speeds||10 fps at 20.2 MP|
|F-numbers||Focal Length (35 mm equivalent): Still 16:9 29-105mm / Still 4:3 30-108 mm / Still 3:2 28-100 mm / Still 1:1 36-127 mm / Movie 16:9 29-105 mm (Std), 33-120 mm (Active) / Movie 4:3 36–128 mm (Std), 41-146 mm (Active)|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0" (7.5 cm) (4:3) / 1,229k dots TFT LCD|
|Battery||Lithium Ion NP-BX1|
|Dimensions||4" × 2 3/8" × 1 7/16" (101.6 × 58.1 × 35.9 mm)|
|Weight||8.5 oz (240 g) with battery|
|Made in||Japan or China|
|Video/movie recording||US: AVCHD 2.0, MP4, Video Mode: AVCHD: 28M PS (1920×1080, 60p) / 24M FX (1920×1080, 60i ) / 17M FH (1920×1080, 60i) MP4: 12M (1440×1080, 30 fps) / 3M VGA (640×480 30 fps)
UK: 1920×1080 50p Approx. 28 Mbps) (AVCHD), (1920×1080 50i Approx. 24 Mbps) (AVCHD), 1920×1080 50i Approx. 17 Mbps) (AVCHD), 1440×1080 30 fps Fine Approx. 12 Mbps) (MP4), 640×480 30 fps Approx. 3 Mbps) (VGA)
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 is a compact point-and-shoot 20.2 mega-pixel camera. Part of the Cyber-shot line of digital cameras made by Sony. It has been named as the 'European Advanced Compact Camera for 2012–2013' by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA). It has also been named one of the Best Inventions of 2012 by TIME. 
- 1" 13.2 × 8.8 mm CMOS Exmor sensor, with a 2.7× crop factor which uses the "Column-Parallel A/D Conversion Technique" to create higher detail images in very low light conditions.
- 10 fps at 20.2MP.
- Very fast auto focus in low light, for a point-and-shoot camera.
- Tilt-able pop-up flash, so light can bounced off, instead of a direct flash.
- Fast and bright variable aperture, F1.8-F4.9 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens.
- Focus peaking.
- 3.6× optical zoom Carl Zeiss T* Vario Sonnar lens (28–100 mm focal length range)
- 3" TFT LCD with 1.29 million dots, using RGBW coding with WhiteMagic
Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II
In June 2013 Sony unveiled a new version of the camera, called DSC-RX100 II (model number DSC-RX100M2). Despite small change in the name, new revision is much enhanced compared to its predecessor. Notable new features include:
- 20.2-megapixel 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Maximum native ISO mode expanded to 12800 (because of about 40% more light sensitivity)
- LCD display is up and down tiltable (+84°/-45°)
- Multi Interface Shoe added at the top
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- NFC wireless connectivity
- New Full HD video shooting mode (1080/24p)
On 23 July 2013 Hasselblad announced the Stellar, a "luxury" compact digital camera based on the DSC-RX100 with wooden or carbon grip. On 1 November 2013 Hasselblad announced another three cosmetical variants of the camera, named the Stellar Special Edition.
- European Advanced Compact Camera 2012–2013 – Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 _ EISA – The European Imaging and Sound Association
- "Best Inventions of the Year 2012". TIME. 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2013-05-08.
- Sony Global – Technology – CMOS Sensor Exmor
- Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- "Sony Adds Two New Premium Compact Cameras to Acclaimed Cyber-shot RX Line". Sony Press Room. 2013-07-23. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
Media related to Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 at Wikimedia Commons
- Sony Singapore – Cyber-shot™ DSC-RX100 – Power in your pocket (microsite – Product developers interview)
- Cyber-shot Digital Camera DSC-RX100 – Sony US
- DSC-RX100 – Sony UK
Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II:
- Cyber-shot Digital Camera RX100 II - Sony US