Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 is a premium fixed-lens compact camera made by Sony as part of its Cyber-shot line of digital cameras. The DSC-RX1 is notable for being the world's first fixed-lens, full-frame digital compact camera, and as of its announcement, it is the world's smallest full-frame digital camera but is also considerably more expensive than most other compact cameras. It was announced on September 12, 2012.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2012)|
The DSC-RX1 features a 35 mm f/2 Zeiss Sonnar lens with leaf shutter capable of a minimum shutter speed of 1/2000 s (for apertures 2.0 to 4.0), 1/3200 s (for apertures down to 5.6), and even 1/4000 s (for smaller apertures down to 22). The camera is equipped with a 24.3-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, and it includes a new Multi Interface Shoe that is physically compatible with the ISO 518 standard hot shoe, with electrical contacts for newer Sony shoe-mounted accessories as well as compatibility with the proprietary iISO flash shoe via the ADP-MAA adapter.
Based on DxOMark Sensor Scores (performance), the Sony DSC-RX1 got the best overall score among high-end compact cameras and mirror-less cameras tested with 93 scored, and even the Sony DSC-RX1's overall score is just behind the full-frame DSLR of Nikon D800, Nikon D800E and Nikon D600, with 96 and 94 respectively.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R, released in 2013, is a variant of the Sony DSC-RX1 without anti-aliasing filter in front of the image sensor. This can slightly increase the effective resolution at the expense of possibly more moiré in areas with fine repeating textures.
- "Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 Review: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Sony Cyber-shot RX1 | 35mm Full Frame Digital Camera | DSC-RX1/B Review | Sony Store". Store.sony.com. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Sony Multi Interface Shoe Adapter | ADP-MAA Review | Sony Store". Store.sony.com. 2009-04-17. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Sony Cyber-shot RX1 / Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 2/35 review: Is this the ultimate moderate wide-angle lens?". dxomark.com. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- "Sony Cyber-shot RX1R Preview". Retrieved 2013-07-27.
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|