Sony Ericsson W205
|Compatible networks||GSM 900/1800 (850/1900 for W205a), GPRS|
|Availability by country||Q3 2009|
|Dimensions||92 × 47 × 16.4 mm|
|Memory||5 MB internal storage|
|Removable storage||Memory Stick Micro (M2) up to 2GB|
|Battery||• Standby: 425 hours
• Talk time: 9 hours
• Playback time: 13 hours
|Display||16-bit high color (65k) TFT,
1.8", 128 × 160 pixels
|Rear camera||1.3 Megapixel|
"The W205 is perfect for those who love portable music but have never had the Walkman phone experience," said Timo Maassmann, Marketing business manager at Sony Ericsson.
The device is a slider phone featuring a 1.8-inch, 16-bit high color (65k) TFT screen, with a resolution of 128×160 pixels. It features a rear-mounted 1.3 MP camera with up to 2.2× digital zoom and video recording.
The W205 contains an FM radio with RDS and an integrated antenna. The ability is provided to record radio either onto the 5 MB of internal memory or up to 2GB of external memory to the Memory Stick Micro (M2) memory card. Such recordings can also be saved and used as ringtones. Activation of the FM radio requires a headset or a functionally compatible audio output device connected to the phone.
The phone comes in a various colour schemes: Ambient Black, Creamy White, Sakura Pink and Windy Blue.
Standby time (GSM/GPRS) is up to 425 hours, while talk time is up to 9 hours. Music listening time is up to 13 hours.
The phone employs a proprietary FastPort outlet for the charger, headphones and the data cable. The latter facilitates USB connectivity and charging, and requires the model DCU-60 or compatible cable.
- "Sony Ericsson W205 Walkman phone announced". Pocket-Lint. 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Sony Ericsson W205". Mobile Gazette. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- Mark R (2009-04-08). "Sony Ericsson W205 Walkman Phone". Coolest Gadgets. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Sony Ericsson W205 wants to be a Nokia". PocketPicks. 2009-04-10. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Sony Ericsson W205 in new colours". Cellphonehits.net. 2009-08-21. Retrieved 2010-08-06.