|Launched||7 April 2012|
|Owned by||MSM India (a Sony Pictures Entertainment company)|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV
|Dish TV||Channel 664(SD)
Channel 82 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 419 (SD)
Channel 420 (HD)
|Videocon d2h||Channel 423 (SD)
Channel 424 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 511|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 233 (SD)
Channel 222 (HD)
Sony SIX is an Indian sports channel owned and operated by MSM India, which also owns Sony Entertainment Television and SET Max. The channel is aimed at the youth segment. It was launched on 7 April 2012 and is the 14th sports channel in India.
MSM India owns the broadcast rights in India for the Indian Premier League. The company will broadcast the 2013 PepsiCo IPL. Apart from the IPL, MSM India owns the broadcast rights in India for TNA Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and NBA, which it intends to broadcast on SIX.
Based on preparations for SIX, MSM India had also bid for the broadcast rights for Indian cricket which it lost to STAR TV. MSM India's decision to go ahead with the launch of SIX despite losing the bid surprised observers, since competitors like Ten Sports and NEO Sports are finding it difficult to sustain themselves. Apart from the IPL, the channel aims to gain viewership by broadcasting sports other than cricket.
- Indian Premier League
- Caribbean Premier
- Sri Lankan cricket team against Pakistan in the UAE in 2013-14
- Football (Soccer)
- FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL, UEFA)
- UEFA Euro 2016
- UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying
- FIFA Club World Cup
- Scottish Premier League
- LFC TV
- Spurs TV
- Professional Wrestling
- Mixed Martial Arts
Sony SIX HD
|This section requires expansion. (May 2012)|
Sony SIX is available in HD on DishTV and Videocon d2h. Sony SIX HD is available in Airtel DTH on channel No:222 and in Dishtv on channel no. 82. Sony SIX HD is also available in Tata Sky at channel no:420. Starting from 3 April 2013 SIX HD broadcasts live IPL matches in Full HD 1080p.
- "Coming from Sony: Sports channel named Six". Business Standard. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "IPL 5: Multi Screen Media plans to air matches on SIX next year". The Economic Times. 8 April 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Sony Six could be launching on a bouncy wicket". The Hindu Business Line. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "MSM sports channel SIX launched on 7 April". Hindustan Times. 6 April 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "We cant afford to discount the current value of IPL rights: N P Singh". Business Standard. 6 April 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Sony Six acquires TNA Wrestling's broadcasting rights". Business Standard. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Star TV bags rights for Indian cricket". ESPNCricinfo. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Sony Six’s first innings starts on back foot". The Financial Express. 7 April 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2012.