|Operating system||Micrium uC/OS-II|
|Display||1.3” OLED display
128 x 128 pixels
65k (16 bits) color
|Input||Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen|
36 mm (1.4 in) H
12.8 mm (0.50 in) D (includes clip)
15.5 g (0.55 oz) main unit
|Android 2.1 and up|
|Predecessor||Sony Ericsson LiveView|
|Successor||Sony SmartWatch 2|
The Sony SmartWatch, also called MN2SW, is a wearable device that connects to an Android smartphone and can display Twitter feeds, SMS, among other things. It is compatible with most Android phones. The watch uses a flexible silicone wristband with multiple colors available.
Sony SmartWatch 2
The Sony SmartWatch 2, also known as SW2, is a wearable device launched in late September 2013. The SW2 supports working together with any Android 4.0 (and higher) smartphone, unlike Samsung's competing Galaxy Gear smartwatch, which only works with a few of Samsung's own Galaxy handsets. The watch features an aluminum body and comes with the option of a silicone or metal wristband, but can be used with any 24mm wristband. It is 1.65 inches tall by 1.61 inches wide and 0.35 inch thick and weighs 0.8 ounces and sports a transflective LCD screen with a 220x176 resolution. The SW2 connects to the smartphone using Bluetooth, and supports NFC for easy pairing. It is rated IP57 so it can be submersed in water up to a metre for 30 minutes and is dust resistant.
Sony SmartWatch 3
- Pebble (watch)
- Motoactv, a smartwatch by Motorola
- Sony Ericsson LiveView
- Samsung Galaxy Gear
- "Sony Smartwatch specifications". Sony. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Samuel Gibbs (October 17, 2013). "Sony Smartwatch 2 review: a second screen for your Android phone". The Guardian. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Jerry Hildenbrand (October 20, 2013). "Yes, the Sony SmartWatch 2 is IP57 water and dust resistant". Android Central. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "Sony embraces Android Wear in the SmartWatch 3, and we tried it out". Digital Trends. September 6, 2014. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "Hands-on with the Sony SmartWatch 3". Gizmag. September 6, 2014. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Official website
- Coverage: The Verge Gizmodo Computerworld Engadget
- Sony Smart Watch 2 Figures in the Top 10 wathces of 2013