Sony Xperia E1
|Manufacturer||Sony Mobile Communications|
|Compatible networks||2G Network: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900
3G Network: HSDPA 850, 1900, 2100 (D2004)
HSDPA 900, 2100 (D2005)
|First released||14 January 2014|
|Availability by country||April 2014 (UK).|
|Predecessor||Sony Xperia E|
|Related||Sony Xperia E|
118 mm (4.6 in) H
|Weight||120 g (4.23 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 4.3 JellyBean|
|System on chip||Qualcomm MSM8210 Snapdragon 200|
|CPU||1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex-A7|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Removable storage||up to 32 GB microSD/HC card|
4 in (100 mm) diagonal LCD
|Rear camera||3.15 MP Geo-tagging, face and smile detection, HDR, image stabilization, panorama|
|Other||Available in black, purple and white|
The Sony Xperia E1 is a mid-range Android smartphone designed and manufactured by Sony. Under the codename Falcon SS, it was announced on January 14, 2014, with the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. Scheduled for release during the first quarter of 2014, the Xperia E1 will have a dual SIM variant named the Xperia E1 Dual
The Xperia E1 features a 4 inch display with a resolution of 800 by 400 pixels and a pixel density of 233 ppi. It has a 3.15 megapixels camera capable of HDR pictures, 4 times smooth zoom and smile detection. On the inside, the Xperia E1 features a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor sealed with a 1,750mAh Li-Ion battery, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage and mircoSD support up to 32GB. Weighing 120g, the device measures 118mm by 62.4mm by 12mm. For connectivity, the phone supports FM Radio and Bluetooth 4.0.
Due to the phone itself being music centric, the Xperia E1 includes a dedicated Walkman shutter button found atop the phone that controls the Walkman application and a shaking gesture that handles track navigation. It also includes a speaker capable of producing sounds up to 100 decibels.
The Xperia E1 comes with Sony's stock Android 4.3 Jellybean with some notable applications additions such as Sony's Media applications (Walkman, Album and Videos). Additionally, the device also includes Sony's battery stamina mode which increases the phone's standby time up to 4 times. Several Google applications (such as Google Chrome, Google Play, Google Voice Search, Google search, Google Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude, Google Talk application) also come preloaded with the device.
|Xperia E1 Dual||D2104|
- "Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia T2 Ultra UK release date confirmed". 3G UK. January 16, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Smith, Chris (January 14, 2014). "Sony’s Xperia T2 Ultra is the affordable phablet you’ve been waiting for". BGR. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Sony Xperia E1 Dual". Sony. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Xperia™ E1". Sony. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Cheaper Sony Xperia phones are coming, but they’re not for US". Trever Mogg. Digital Trends. January 14, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Sony Xperia E1 - Full phone specifications". GSM Arena. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 dual passes through FCC". Xperia Blog. January 1, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.