Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
|Manufacturer||Sony Mobile Communications|
|First released||14 January 2014|
|Availability by country||April 2014(UK).|
|Related||Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Sony Xperia C3
Sony Xperia M2
165.2 mm (6.50 in) H
|Weight||172 g (6.07 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 4.3 JellyBean|
|System on chip||Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400|
|CPU||1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A7|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||8 GB (4.8 GB user available)|
|Removable storage||up to 32 GB microSD/HC card|
6 in (150 mm) diagonal IPS LCD
|Rear camera||1080p video recording @ 30 frames/s 16x digital zoom|
|Front camera||1.1 MP (720p video recording)|
|Connectivity||HDMI (via MHL)|
|Other||Available in black, purple and white|
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is an upcoming mid-range Android phablet designed and produced by Sony. Codenamed Tianchi, it was announced on January 14, 2014 with the Xperia E1, the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is the second phablet phone released by Sony since the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Unlike the Xperia Z Ultra, the Xperia T2 Ultra is not dust and water protected. A dual SIM version of the phone will also be released and both phones are slated for release in the first quarter of 2014.
The Xperia T2 Ultra features a 6 inch IPS LCD capacitive display with a resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels and a pixel density of 245 ppi. The device also features Sony Triluminos and Mobile Bravia Engine 2 for better image and video viewing. It has a 13 megapixels rear camera capable of 1080p video recording at 30 fps with HDR, video stabilisation and features Sony Exmor RS and it also has a front camera of 1.1 megapixels capable of 720p video recording at 30 fps.
On the inside, the Xperia T2 features a 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor sealed with a 3000 mAh battery, 1 GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage (4.8GB available to the user) and microSD support up to 32 GB. Weighing 172g, the device measures 165.2 by 83.8 by 7.65mm. For connectivity, the phone supports FM Radio, Bluetooth 4.0, LTE, DLNA and NFC.
The Xperia T2 Ultra comes with Sony's stock Android 4.3 Jellybean and upgradable to 4.4.2 (kitkat) w.ef. 16 july 2014 with some notable applications additions such as Sony's Media applications (Walkman, Album and Videos). Featuring NFC allows 'screen mirroring' to mirror what is on the smartphone screen to compatible TVs or play music on a NFC wireless speaker. Additionally, the device also includes Sony's battery stamina mode which increases the phone's standby time up to 4 times. Several Google applications (like Google Chrome, Google Play, Google Voice Search, Google search, Google Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude, Google Talk application) also comes preloaded with the device. The device also features Sony's camera application with features such as TimeShift, AR effects and Social Live.
Similar to previous Sony devices, the Xperia T2 Ultra features Sony's native camera applications.
- Social Live - allows users to broadcast their video live via Facebook and gets comments from their friends in real time.
- Timeshift-burst - captures 61 frames within 2 seconds, starting before the shutter button is pressed, allowing users to select the best picture. But shooting in 1080p resolution.
- AR Effect - switches camera to AR Effect mode and adds some fun animations to pictures.
- "Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia T2 Ultra UK release date confirmed". 3G UK. January 16, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Smith, Chris (January 14, 2014). "Sony’s Xperia T2 Ultra is the affordable phablet you’ve been waiting for". BGR. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Low, Aloysius (January 15, 2014). "Sony announces the Xperia E1 and T2 Ultra". Asia Cnet. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Sony Xperia T2 Ultra". GSM Arena. January 14, 2014. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Xperia™ T2 Ultra". Sony. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Xperia™ T2 Ultra Whitepaper". Sony. Retrieved February 11, 2014.