Walger at the Solidarity With Writers march and rally on Hollywood Blvd., 20 November 2007
6 June 1974 |
Hampstead, London, United Kingdom
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Davey Holmes (m. 2009)|
Sonya Walger (born 6 June 1974) is an English actress. She is known for her roles in the ABC series Lost as Penny Widmore, and as Olivia Benford on ABC's FlashForward. In 2012, she played Dr. Emma Ryan on Common Law.
Walger was born in Hampstead, London. Walger was educated at the independent Wycombe Abbey School and at Christ Church, Oxford, where she studied English Literature, receiving a first class degree. Walger is conversational in French and fluent in Spanish, as her father is Argentine.
In 1998, Walger played Becky in one episode of Midsomer Murders. She portrayed Flic in Goodnight Sweetheart in 1999, and appeared in two episodes of the crime/drama The Vice. She played Donna Barnes on the HBO TV series The Mind of the Married Man in 2001. In the U.S. version of Coupling, which aired in 2003, she played Sally Harper. Other acting roles have included guest appearances on Lost as Desmond's girlfriend, Penelope "Penny" Widmore and recurring roles on Sleeper Cell and CSI: NY. In 2004, Walger played Nicole Noone opposite Noah Wyle in The Librarian: Quest for the Spear.
In 2007, Walger appeared in the original Broadway production of Frost/Nixon, as Charlotte Cushing, David Frost's then-girlfriend. Then she starred in the controversial HBO series Tell Me You Love Me. The series gained notoriety even before the first episode had aired because of the frequency and extremely realistic nature of its sex scenes. Despite persistent rumours to the contrary, these scenes were eventually confirmed as simulated by several individuals intimately connected with the show. With reference to the manual masturbation apparently performed by Walger on actor Adam Scott at the end of the pilot episode, show creator Cynthia Mort stated that "Sonya is not going to put her hands in a place that they shouldn't be."
Walger's guest-starring roles included a supporting part as Michelle Dixon, the wife of Sarah Connor's former fiancé on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. In the hit ABC TV series Lost, she portrayed the recurring role of Penelope "Penny" Widmore, the long-lost love of Desmond Hume and daughter of industrialist Charles Widmore.
Walger was later cast in a starring role as Olivia Benford, a surgeon and wife of FBI agent Mark Benford (Joseph Fiennes) on FlashForward, which was canceled on 13 May 2010. In 2010, she appeared as Julia in season 3 of the HBO drama series In Treatment. She holds a lead role in the 2011 crime thriller The Factory. In 2013, Walger had a brief role in the film Admission, as a Virginia Woolf scholar.
|2014||Elementary||Angela White||The Five Orange Pipz|
|2012||Law & Order SVU||Anne Barnes||(1 episode )|
|2012||Common Law||Dr Emma Ryan|
|2007||Tell Me You Love Me|
|2006-2010||Lost (2004 TV series)||Penelope Hume|
|2004||CSI NY||Jane Parsons|
|2001||The Mind of the Married Man||Donna Barnes|
|1999||The Vice||2 episodes|
|1998||Midsomer Murders||Becky||1 episode|
- "Sonya Walger: Summary". TV.com. 16 December 2009. Retrieved 16 December 2009.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b0OWFCmYqk on Craig Ferguson
- Scott Collins (14 July 2007). "`Love’ and sex on HBO". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 October 2008.
- "Sex talk:Patricia Rozema gets intimate with new TV series". Canada: CBC. 1 October 2007. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- "HBO has everyone talking about the sex in "Tell Me You Love Me"". blogs.orlandosentinel.com. 13 July 2007.[dead link]
- "'Tell Me You Love Me' Bares Bodies and Souls". zap2it.com. 9 September 2007.
- New Stills from Crime Thriller The Factory
- Orloff, Brian (22 September 2009). "Lost's Sonya Walger Calls Married Life a 'Sweet Thing'". people,com. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Walger, Sonya (5 March 2013). "Billie Rosie Holmes, born on Valentine's Day, love of our lives and bane of our sleep.". Twitter. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Walger, Sonya (23 May 2013). "3290 new citizens. And I am one of them. Got a manicure as a mark of respect, you understand.". Twitter. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sonya Walger.|