||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
29 June 1943 |
|Hangul||오순택 (Oh Seun-taek)|
|Revised Romanization||O Sun-Taek|
Soon-Taek Oh (Korean: 오순택 (Oh Seun-taek) – also (incorrectly) spelled Soon-Tek Oh, born 29 June 1943) is a Korean-American actor best known for the voice of Fa Zhou in Disney's Mulan and the sequel Mulan II. He has starred in many films, and also acted in television series, including MacGyver, M*A*S*H, Charlie's Angels, Airwolf, Magnum, P.I., Hawaii Five-O, Kung-Fu, Zorro, and Touched by an Angel.
Oh was wrongly said to have been born in Japan, due to his career playing Japanese characters. He was born in Mokpo, Korea, under Imperial Japanese rule. He emigrated with his family to America when he was a teenager. Oh attended high school at Gwangju, South Korea, and attended Yonsei University in Seoul, the University of Southern California, and later received an MFA from UCLA.
On Broadway, he appeared in the original cast of the Stephen Sondheim musical Pacific Overtures. He was one of the earliest members of East West Players, an Asian American theatre group founded in 1965. In 1995 he founded the Korean American theatre group, Society of Heritage Performers, which later evolved into the present Lodestone Theatre Ensemble.
- The Samurai (2013)
- Last Mountain (2005)
- Mulan II (2004)
- The Visit (2002)
- SWAT (2002)
- The President's Man (2000)
- Roads and Bridges (2000)
- Mulan (1998)
- Beverly Hills Ninja (1997)
- Street Corner Justice (1996)
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (1996)
- S.F.W. (1994)
- Red Sun Rising (1994)
- A Home of Our Own (1993)
- Deadly Game (1991)
- Last Flight Out (1990)
- Collision Course (1990)
- Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker (1989)
- Soursweet (1989)
- The Red Spider (1988)
- Death Wish 4 (1987)
- Steele Justice (1987)
- Yuki Shimoda (1985)
- Missing in Action 2 (1985)
- Bialy smok (1985)
- Airwolf (1984) - "Once a Hero"
- Death Ride to Osaka (1983)
- The Letter (1982)
- A Fragile Affair (1982)
- The Final Countdown (1980)
- Good Guys Wear Black (1978)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) (name misspelled as Soon-Tiak Oh)
- One More Train to Rob (1971)
- Yongary, Monster From The Deep (1967)
Television (partial list)
- King of the Hill (2000) Season 4 Episode 18: "Won't You Pimai Neighbor?"
- Stargate SG-1 (1997) - "Emancipation"
- Babylon 5 (1994) "TKO" - "The Muta-Do"
- Kung Fu: The Legend Continues "Bon Bon Hai (several episodes)
- Highlander: The Series (1992) "The Road Not Taken"
- MacGyver (1988)
- Quincy, M.E. Episode 134: Sword Of Honor, Blade Of Death (1983)
- Marco Polo (1982)
- Magnum, P.I. (1981) - "Memories Are Forever"
- The Final Countdown (1980)
- Baa Baa Black Sheep (t.v) Episode 21: Poor Little Lambs (1977)
- M*A*S*H (1975-82) five episodes, as five different characters
- Hawaii Five-O (t.v) Season 8 Episode 7: The Defector (1975)
- Hawaii Five-O (t.v) Season 1 Episode 15 (1968)
- The Invaders (t.v) Season 1 Episode 2: The Experiment (1967)