Soopa Villainz members Mr. Heart, Mr. Diamond, Mr. Spade, and Mr. Club
|Associated acts||Krazy Klan, Natas, Insane Clown Posse|
|Past members||Mr. Heart (Lavel)
Mr. Diamond (Joseph Bruce)
Mr. Spade (Rashaam Smith)
Mr. Club (Joseph Utsler)
Soopa Villainz was an American hip hop supergroup based in Detroit, Michigan. Formed in 2002, the group consisted of Psychopathic Records-associated rappers Joseph Bruce (Mr. Diamond), Joseph Utsler (Mr. Club), Esham (Mr. Spade), and Lavel (Mr. Heart). The songs of Soopa Villainz center thematically on nefarious actions conducted by comic book supervillains. The group disbanded in 2005 after Smith and Lavel left the label.
The group made their debut appearances in 2002 on Esham's Acid Rain and Insane Clown Posse's The Wraith: Shangri-La. Later that year, the group released the Halloween single "Silence of the Hams." In 2005, they released their debut album Furious. The album peaked at number 9 on the Billboard "Top Independent Albums" chart, number 42 on the "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums" chart, and number 92 on the Billboard 200.
Following a disagreement with the label, Esham and Lavel left Psychopathic Records in October, disbanding the Soopa Villainz.
- Furious (2005)
- "Look, Up in the Sky!". Psychopathic Records. August 9, 2005. Archived from the original on 2006-03-24. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- Esham (2002). "P-P-P-Pow!" Acid Rain. Psychopathic Records. ISBN 756504303023
- Insane Clown Posse (2005). Forgotten Freshness Volumes 4. Liner notes. Psychopathic Records.
- "The Soopa Villainz Are Here!". Psychopathic Records. August 26, 2005. Archived from the original on 2006-03-24. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- "Charts and awards for Furious". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- Jenison, David (August 24, 2005). "Duff Rebuffs All Comers". E!. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Hess, Mickey (2009). "Esham". Hip Hop in America: A Regional Guide: Volume 1: East Coast and West Coast. ABC-CLIO. pp. 411–413. ISBN 0-313-34323-3.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|