Sophie Bevan graduated from the Benjamin Britten International Opera School where she studied as a Karaviotis Scholar with Lillian Watson and was awarded the Queen Mother Rose Bowl for excelling in music.
Her concert repertoire ranges from Handel to James Macmillan and she has worked with conductors that include Ed Gardner, Sir Neville Marriner, Phillipe Herreweghe and Sir Charles Mackerras. Already highly accomplished on the operatic stage, her recent engagements include Boris Godonov, Cosi fan Tutte, The Coronation of Poppea, Polissena in Handel's Radamisto, Yum-Yum in The Mikado, Télaïre in Castor & Pollux and her first Sophie in Der Rosenkavalier for English National Opera and her first Susanna Le Nozze di Figaro and Pamina Die Zauberflöte for Garsington Opera. Future engagements include a recital at the Wigmore Hall and her debut with the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
Sophie is the recipient of the 2010 Critics' Circle award for Exceptional Young Talent.
She sang at The Royal Albert Hall on 9 August 2012 in a Prom dedicated to the music of Ivor Novello. Conducted by Mark Elder, it was broadcast on BBCTV on August 11.
- Gluck: La clemenza di Tito (Publio)
- Handel: Riccardo I (Costanza)
- Monteverdi: L'Incoronazione di Poppea (Poppea/Amor)
- Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro (Susanna/Barbarina); Don Giovanni (Zerlina);Così fan tutte (Despina); Die Schuldigkeit des ersten Gebots (Worldly Spirit)
- Vivaldi: L'Incoronazione di Dario (Alinda)
- Paul Carr: Requiem For An Angel (with Mark Stone - baritone, Chorus Angelorum, the Bath Philharmonia, Gavin Carr - conductor), Stone Records (2010)
- 'Debussy Text and Ideas' event's page on the Gresham College website