Milman in July 2010
Sophie Milman (°1983) is a Russian-born jazz vocalist who lives in Canada. After emigrating from Russia in the early 1990s, Milman, who is Jewish, spent most of her childhood years in Israel where she listened extensively to jazz. Her self-titled debut album was released on October 12, 2004, in Canada via Linus Entertainment and in 2006 in the United States on Koch.
Milman is married to lawyer, professor, and musician Casey Chisick, who was also the executive producer on Milman's albums Make Someone Happy (2007) and Take Love Easy (2009), as well as her concert DVD Live in Montreal (2008).
- 2004: Sophie Milman
- 2007: Live at the Winter Garden Theatre
- 2007: Make Someone Happy
- 2008: Live In Montreal
- 2009: Take Love Easy
- 2011: In the Moonlight
- Serge, Joseph (2011-11-10). "Singer Sophie Milman reflects on her immigrant roots". The Jewish Canadian News.
- "Jazz Singer Sophie Milman Makes Homecoming to Israel". Canada Newswire. 2011-06-16.
- Swift, Glenn R. (March 2008). "Sophie Milman: So Much Accomplished… So Much More to Come". glennswift.com.
I'm Jewish, and growing up in Russia I never felt at home.
- Loudon, Christopher (December 2007). "Sophie Milman: Beauty and the Geek". JazzTimes.
We were probably the only Jewish family in Israel blaring gospel music...
- "Air Wick Winter Collection TV Commercial Music". Retrieved 2011-01-25.
- Gray, Jeff (2010-04-20). "Changing Canada's tune on copyright law". Globe and Mail.
- Casey Chisick at Cassels Brock Lawyers
- Casey Chisick at Osgoode Hall Law School
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Milman.|