Sophie Turner (actress)
Turner at HBO's Game of Thrones Season 3 premiere at Cinerama.
21 February 1996 |
Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress, best known for her role as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones, which earned her a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series.
In her first role in front of a camera, Turner plays Sansa Stark, the eldest daughter of House Stark in the 2011 HBO fantasy TV series Game of Thrones. Her drama teacher encouraged her to audition for the part. She dyed her blonde hair auburn for the role.
Turner will play the main role in the indie thriller film Panda Eyes based on the novel Another Me by Catherine MacPhail, acting alongside Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Claire Forlani, Rhys Ifans, and Geraldine Chaplin. The film began shooting in November 2012 in the United Kingdom as well as in Barcelona, Spain. Panda Eyes will make its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013.
Turner has also starred as Adeline March in the television film The Thirteenth Tale which will be shown in December. She has also been cast in the comedy film Barely Lethal.
Turner was born in Northampton and moved to Warwick when she was two years old. There, she attended Warwick Prep School until the age of eleven and later moved on to King's High School. Sophie has been a member of local theatre company Playbox Theatre Company since she was three years old.
Turner is a friend of actress Maisie Williams, who plays her character's sister, Arya Stark, in the series. They met during their auditions, with Williams discovering she got the part two weeks after Turner.
After season one production ended on Game of Thrones, the Turner family adopted Zunni, the dog that played Sansa Stark's direwolf Lady.
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Sansa Stark||Main Role (24 episodes)
Nominated – 18th Screen Actors Guild Awards for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Nominated – Scream Award for Best Ensemble
Nominated – Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress
|2013||The Thirteenth Tale||Adeline March|
- "Interview with Sophie Turner". Winter-is-coming.net. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Hibberd, James (19 March 2013). "'Game of Thrones': Sophie Turner on fans bashing Sansa". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Nguyen, Hanh (9 June 2011). "Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner: Sansa Has Been Manipulated by Joffrey". TV Guide. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- Bamigboye, Baz (20 September 2012). "These horribly sharp dressers star in sinister six-part BBC series". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Panda Eyes to premiere at TIFF 2013". jrhysmeyers.com. 18 December 2012. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- Catherine Vonledebur (2013-08-16). "Leamington Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner enjoying her rise to fame". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- "The famous … four?". Winter-is-coming.net. 7 February 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Turner (actress).|