Sophie Turner (actress)
Turner at HBO's Game of Thrones Season 3 premiere at Cinerama
21 February 1996 |
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress, best known for her role as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones, which earned her a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series.
Since 2011, Turner plays Sansa Stark, a young noblewoman, in the ongoing HBO fantasy TV series Game of Thrones, in her first television role. Her drama teacher encouraged her to audition for the part. She dyed her blonde hair auburn for the role.
In 2013, Turner played the lead role in the thriller film Panda Eyes, based on the novel Another Me by Catherine MacPhail. She starred as Adeline March in the 2013 television film The Thirteenth Tale and was cast in the comedy film Barely Lethal. She also narrated the audiobook version of the Lev Grossman short story The Girl in the Mirror included in the short fiction anthology Dangerous Women edited by George R.R. Martin.
Turner was born in Northampton and moved to Warwick when she was two years old. She attended Warwick Prep School until eleven years old, and later King's High School. Turner has been a member of the theatre company Playbox Theatre Company since she was three years old.
Turner is a friend of actress Maisie Williams, who plays her character's sister, Arya Stark, in Game of Thrones. They met during their auditions, with Williams discovering she got the part two weeks after Turner.
After season one production ended on Game of Thrones, the Turner family adopted Zunni, the dog that played Sansa Stark's direwolf, Lady.
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Sansa Stark||Main Role (24 episodes)
Nominated – 18th Screen Actors Guild Awards for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Nominated – Scream Award for Best Ensemble
Nominated – Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress
|2013||The Thirteenth Tale||Adeline March|
- "Interview with Sophie Turner". Winter-is-coming.net. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Hibberd, James (19 March 2013). "'Game of Thrones': Sophie Turner on fans bashing Sansa". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Nguyen, Hanh (9 June 2011). "Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner: Sansa Has Been Manipulated by Joffrey". TV Guide. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "'Game Of Thrones' Star Sophie Turner Joins 'Barely Lethal'". Deadline. 10 Oct 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Catherine Vonledebur (2013-08-16). "Leamington Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner enjoying her rise to fame". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- "The famous … four?". Winter-is-coming.net. 7 February 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Turner (actress).|