||gem or 'princess' when used as a name
|Region of origin
||Persia, modern day Iran
||Look up Soraya in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Soraya (Persian: ثريا ) is a feminine given name of Persian origin. It may refer to:
- Soraya Tarzi (1899–1968), wife of King Amanullah Khan of Afghanistan; as Queen she was an outspoken feminist leader
- Soraya Esfandiary-Bakhtiari (1932–2001), second wife of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of Iran, known during her marriage as Queen Soraya
- Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson, American journalist for National Public Radio
- Soraya (musician) (1969–2006), Colombian-American singer/songwriter
- Soraya Arnelas (born 1982), Spanish singer
- Soraya Saga (born 1969), Japanese illustrator and video-game story-writer
- Soraya, a small lunar crater within Alphonsus
- Soraya Serajeddini (1960–2006), Kurdish-Iranian human rights activist
- Soraya Telles (born 1958), Brazilian former middle distance runner
- Soraya Manutchehri is the subject of the 2008 film The Stoning of Soraya M..
- Sooraya Qadir (Dust), a Marvel comic book character from the X-Men series
- Soraya Post (born 1956) Swedish politician.
- Soraya is the title given to a person speaking the Soreth language, Soreth is a form of modern-day Aramaic, it also refers to people who are of Assyrian/Chaldean origin
- Soraya, a song on the album Animals as Leaders by the band of the same name
- a sunflower variety