From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sorrel (Rumex acetosa) is a perennial herb cultivated as a leaf vegetable
Sorrel may also refer to:
- Bilimbi or Tree Sorrel (Averrhoa bilimbi)
- Oxalidaceae, family of plants known as the woodsorrel family
- Oxalis, largest genus in the Oxalidaceae, known as woodsorrels
- Oxyria digyna, known as Alpine Sorrel or Mountain Sorrel
- Roselle (plant) (Hibiscus sabdariffa), known as Jamaican Sorrel, and in the Caribbean simply as "sorrel"
- Rumex, genus of plants containing species known as sorrels
- Rumex acetosella, commonly known as Sheep's Sorrel
- Sourwood or Sorrel Tree (Oxydendrum arboreum)
- Sorrel (horse), an alternative term for a reddish-colored horse, more often known as "chestnut"
- Old Sorrel (foaled 1915), America Quarter Horse stallion
- Hetty Sorrel, fictional character in George Eliot's novel Adam Bede
- Moxley Sorrel (1838–1901), American civil war soldier
- Mountsorrel, village in Leicestershire, England
- Mount Sorrel, neighbourhood of Broad Chalke, Wiltshire, England
- Sorrel, Louisiana, United States, a census-designated place
- Heliophorus sena or Sorrel Sapphire, Indian butterfly
- USS Sorrel (1864), American navy ship
- Sorrel Weed House or Francis Sorrel House, historic house in Savannah, Georgia, USA
- Sorrel, a hibiscus tea popular in Jamaica
- Rosalie Sorrels (born 1933), American singer-songwriter
- Sorel (disambiguation)
- Sorell (disambiguation)
- Sorrell (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.