|Headquarters||Fuzhou, Fujian, China|
South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd., trading as Soueast, is a Chinese automobile manufacturing company based in Fuzhou, Fujian, and a joint venture between China Motor Corporation (25%), Fujian Motor Industry Group (50%) and Mitsubishi Motors (25%). It produces Soueast branded cars and minibuses, and Chinese-market Mitsubishi cars.
As of early 2011 Soueast had an annual production capacity of around 180,000 units, but this was set to rise to 300,000 with the completion of current construction, which may have been finished by early 2012. Production capacity figures may count both whole vehicles and engines.
Soueast Motors sells some own-branded models including the V3 and V5 sedans, and sells a range of locally built Mitsubishi models under the Mitsubishi marque.
Soueast produces the following models under the Soueast marque:
- V3 sedan (2008)
- V5 sedan (2012)
- V6 hatchback (2013)
- Delica minibus (1996)
Soueast produces the following models under the Mitsubishi marque:
- Lancer EX
- Lancer Fortis
Soueast has at least one production base in Qingkou city, Minhou County, Fuzhou, Fujian province. This location has probably been expanded three times with the second phase possibly completed c. 2009, as that year saw a 150% increase in units produced. As of early 2011, total yearly production capacity for all sites was forecast to soon reach 300,000 with the completion of the base's third phase. February 2012 production was 37% higher than that of the previous year, which may reflect this additional capacity coming online.
- Affiliated Companies - China Motor Corporation Yulon Group Official Site
- Mitsubishi Motors to invest in South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd. of China Mitsubishi Official Site, April 12, 2006
- Activities by Region, Asia, 2009 Mitsubishi Official Site
- Affiliated Companies - South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd. Yulon Group Official Site
- Soueast Motor wins Iranian export deal chinadaily.com.cn, 2008-01-04]
- Lagging far behind, Mitsubishi looks to new joint partnership chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-11-15
- "CHINA'S SOUEST MOTORS TO BEGIN THIRD-PHASE PLANT AFTER FESTIVAL". Asia Pulse (Rhodes). Jan 25, 2011.
- About Us - History South East Motor Official Site
- 1.6 Mitsubishi ASX flying into China soon chinacartimes.com, December 6, 2010
- Business in brief - Mar. 25 people.com.cn, March 25, 2008
- "Activities by Region: Asia, ASEAN and other regions". Mitsubishi Motors. 2010. pp. 2 (18). Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- "Mitsubishi Motors announces production, sales and export figures for February 2012". Mitsubishi Motors. March 29, 2012. Retrieved June 28, 2012.