Soummam – Abane Ramdane Airport
|Soummam – Abane Ramdane Airport
Aéroport de Bejaia / Soummam – Abane Ramdane
|Owner||Rachid Fatma (gouvernor of Bejaia)|
|Elevation AMSL||6 m / 90 ft|
Soummam – Abane Ramdane Airport (French: Aéroport de Bejaia / Soummam – Abane Ramdane) (IATA: BJA, ICAO: DAAE), also known as Soummam Airport or Bejaia Airport, is an airport serving Béjaïa, a city in the Béjaïa Province of northern Algeria. It is located 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) south of the city, It was opened in 1982 to national level and his quick development led to its opening in international traffic in 1993. The airport is named Abane Ramdane (1920–1957)( since 1999 by presidential decree), an Algerian revolutionary and architect of the 1956 Congress of Soummam.
In 2008, the airport handled 52,681 passengers on domestic flights and 170,724 passengers on international flights. The airport offers more than 10 flights per week to Paris, France and some others to Lyon, France, and Marseille, France. There are daily domestic flights mainly to Algiers.
Airlines and destinations
|Aigle Azur||Basel/Mulhouse, Lyon, Marseille, Paris-Orly|
|Air Algérie||Algiers, Lyon, Marseille, Paris-Orly|
|Passengers||Change from previous year||Aircraft operations||Change from previous year||Cargo
|Change from previous year|
|Source: Airports Council International. World Airport Traffic Reports
(Years 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010)
- (French) AIP and Chart for Aéroport de Bejaia / Soummam – Abane Ramdane (DAAE) from Service d'Information Aéronautique – Algerie
- (French) Aéroport de Béjaïa : Soummam ABANE RAMDANE from Établissement de Gestion de Services Aéroportuaires d'Alger (EGSA Alger)
- Airport information for DAAE at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- "DAAE @ aerobaticsweb.org". Landings.com. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Accident history for BJA at Aviation Safety Network
- Tassili Airlines start seasonal charter operations to Saint-Etienne
- Airport Council International's 2005 World Airport Traffic Report
- Airport Council International's 2006 World Airport Traffic Report
- Airport Council International's 2007 World Airport Traffic Report
- Airport Council International's 2009 World Airport Traffic Report
- Etablissement de Gestion de Services Aéroportuaires d’Alger (EGSA-Alger)
- Current weather for DAAE at NOAA/NWS
- "DAAE @ aerobaticsweb.org". Landings.com.
|This article about an airport in Algeria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|