|This article relies on references to primary sources. (November 2009)|
SoundSpectrum, previously known as WhiteCap Technologies is a software company founded in 2000 that develops music visualization software. Using properties of the music such as its beat and time-varying spectrum, the software generates dynamic visuals to complement the music.
Today, SoundSpectrum is a provider of real-time audio visualization applications, featuring the G-Force and WhiteCap visualizers, as well as the SoundSpectrum Darkroom video export application. G-Force was licensed by Apple Computer for use in iTunes in 2001 and again in 2003.
- G-Force was created by Andy O'Meara. The software features a number of different scopes, analyzers, and real-time effects.
- SoftSkies is a music visualizer and screensaver that produces mood-enhancing animated cloudscapes, rich with color and realistic motion.
- WhiteCap is a real-time music visualization plug-in for media players that features around 200 morphing wireframe effects.
- SoundSpectrum Darkroom is a utility application which allows users to export the output G-Force and WhiteCap as QuickTime video files. It is currently still in the development stage, but will be released for Windows and Mac OS X once it is completed.
- Winter Wonders a collection of different Christmas themed visuals
- Aeon is a mix of 3D & 2D visuals
- "News Archive". SoundSpectrum.com. Retrieved 2007-03-08.