|Type||Privately held company|
|Slogan(s)||Publish, collect, share.|
|Alexa rank||3,900 (February 2014[update])|
Soup.io allows you to publish (editable in HTML) text, images, videos, links, quotes and reviews. It allows users to share files (within the limit of 10 MB) and create events. Its interface professes the principle KISS. In January 2010, Soup.io had close to 37,000 members.
- Aggregation in real time data from issues of social networks, blogs and RSS.
- Auto-posting data from other social networks (including Digg, Flickr, Delicious, YouTube, Twitter, or even Tumblr)
- Infinite scrolling of content
- Re-posting of content from other blogs on the service, after the manner of Tumblr
- Videos channels
- Code custom CSS
- Integration of domain names
- Semi-private access to a blog
Soup.IO received an investment during Seedcamp 2008, has been classified by the Guardian as one of the essential 100 websites of 2009, and was named "Innovative IT-Challenger" by APA – IT in September 2009.
Notes and references
- "Soup.io Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
- Seedcamp 2008
- The 100 essential websites – The Guardian
- Innovative http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OBS_20090918_OBS0011 "IT-Challenger" von – APA – IT ausgezeichnet – ANHÄNGE – APA