Soup to nuts
|Look up from soup to nuts in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
"Soup to nuts" is an American English idiom conveying the meaning of "from beginning to end". It is derived from the description of a full course dinner, in which courses progress from soup to a dessert of nuts. It is comparable to expressions in other languages, such as the Latin phrase ab ovo usque ad mala ("from the egg to the apples"), describing the typical Roman meal.
Soup to nuts may also refer to:
- From Soup to Nuts, a 1928 short comedy film starring Laurel and Hardy as butlers hired for a high society dinner party
- Soup to Nuts, a 1930 feature film starring the trio who later became the Three Stooges
- Duck Soup to Nuts, a 1944 Looney Tunes animated short featuring Porky Pig and Daffy Duck
- "Soup to Nuts", an episode of That's So Raven
- Soup2Nuts, a production company known for its animated comedies
- Soup to Nutz, an American comic strip launched in 2000
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.