Sour Patch Kids
Sour Patch Kids are a soft candy with a coating of sour sugar. The candy's slogan is "Sour. Sweet. Gone.", reflecting that once the sour sugar has been dissolved by saliva, the taste of the candy changes to a sweet one. When sour confectionery was first introduced it was considered a children's fad, but later became mainstream. One of the driving forces behind the brand's growth was its success in cinemas, and it became a staple for moviegoers in the United States.
There are many different flavors, including regular, Watermelon, Fruits, Cherry, Sour Apple, Peach, Blue Raspberry, Xploders, and Extreme. The Sour Patch Christmas Kids, which are only sold around Christmas time, have been discontinued. There are also many berry-flavored sour patch kids. Sour Patch Kids are currently manufactured by Maynards.
The Allan Candy Company and the Malaco Licorice Company of Sweden formed the M & A Candy Company, Hamilton, Ontario, was chosen to produce Sour Patch Kids in the late 1970s, offering quick access to the U.S. marketplace and the advantage of world sugar prices. They continued development of the candy in their Ewen Road facility in Hamilton, Ontario.
Flavors and colors
- Sour Patch Kids - The original line of Sour Patch Kids, Lime (green), Lemon (yellow), Orange (Orange), and Raspberry (red)
- Sour Patch Xploderz - Similar to original Sour Patch Kids on the outside, but with a burst of gooey flavor on the inside, Raspberry Lemonade Rush (Pink), Grape Berry Surge (Purple), Cherry Berry Bash (Red), Apple Strawberry Burst (Green)
- Sour Patch X-Treme - Similar to original Sour Patch Kids, but dusted in an extra sour coating, Strawberry (pink), Orange (orange), Green Apple (green), and Blue Raspberry (blue)
- Sour Patch Fruits - The same texture of original Sour Patch Kids, but shaped as a variety of fruits rather than kids, Watermelon (Pink), Orange (Orange), Lemon (Yellow), Lime (Green), Grape (Purple), Cherry (Red)
- Sour Patch Kids Berries - are the same shape as the original Sour Patch Kids, but come in berry flavors, Blue Raspberry (blue), Grape (purple), Cherry (red), and Strawberry (pink)
- Sour Patch Xmas Kids - a mix of Raspberry (red) and Lime (green) Sour Patch Kids
- Sour Patch Chillerz - similar to original Sour Patch Kids with a cool menthol twist, Berry Punch Chiller (Blue), Frozen Lemonade (Yellow), Strawberry Shiver (Red), Frosty Grape (Purple)
- Sour Patch Watermelon
- Sour Patch Blue Raspberry
- Sour Patch Peach
- Sour Patch Cherry
- Sour Patch Sour Apple
- Sour Patch Bunnies - shaped as rabbits in celebration of Easter with a lighter, pastel colored look and a slightly more marshmallow-like taste to some, Lime (Pastel Green), Lemon (Pastel Yellow), Orange (Pastel Orange), Raspberry (Pastel Red/Pink)
- Sour Patch Kids Soda Popz - soda pop-flavored version of the candy, Orangeade (orange), Cola (brown), Cherryade (red), Tropical (pink), Apple Fizz (green).
- Zombie Sour Patch Kids - Halloween themed Sour Patch Kids, Rattling Raspberry (purple) and Ominous Orange (orange) flavors.
|Serving Size (40g)||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0 g||0%|
|Sodium 25 mg||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36 g||12%|
|Sugars 26 g|
|Protein 0 g|
-  sourpatch.com
-  http://www.candy4u.com/sourpatchkids.html
- "Sour Patch Xploderz". ZOMG, Candy!. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Sour Patch Extreme - Candy Blog". Typetive.com. 2007-11-08. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Sour Patch Fruit Salad 5lb Bag". Bestbuycandy.com. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Sour Patch Chillerz - Candy Blog". Typetive.com. 2009-08-06. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "An Easter Dash - Reviews in Short". Candy Blog. 2010-04-02. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Home | Sour Patch Kids - Sour. Sweet. Gone". Sour. Sweet. Gone. Retrieved 2013-08-20.