|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Naperville, Illinois|
Sourcebooks, Inc. is a book publisher located in Naperville, Illinois, in the western suburbs of Chicago. The company publishes books, ebooks, and digital products in most consumer categories, including college guides, memoir, children's books, young adult, fiction, romance fiction, and reference books. In addition to its flagship Sourcebooks imprint (adult nonfiction), its imprints include:
- Sourcebooks Casablanca (romance fiction and relationships)
- Sourcebooks Fire (young adult)
- Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (children's books)
- Sourcebooks Landmark (fiction)
- Sourcebooks MediaFusion (mixed-media)
- Cumberland House (gift and history)
- Simple Truths (business and inspiration)
- Sphinx Legal (legal advice and instruction)
The company was founded in 1987 by Dominique Raccah as a business and finance publisher. Raccah cashed in $17,000 from her retirement fund to start the press. Since that early start, it has expanded into most categories of trade publishing and has created more than 30 New York Times and USA Today bestselling titles, dozens of national bestsellers, and numerous category bestsellers (such as the Fiske Guide to Colleges and The Complete Book of Baby Names). In 2011 it was publishing more than 300 books and calendars a year, had 75 employees, and was focusing on innovation within the digital transformation of the book industry. Noted as the largest woman-owned trade book publisher in the United States, the publisher is also creating mobile apps and several websites on behalf of its authors.
Sourcebooks acquired motivational and inspirational book publisher Simple Truths, which specializes in direct-to-consumer publishing, in 2013. The publisher also launched a personalized book engine with its Put Me In The Story application and website and has added brands such as Sesame Street, the Berenstain Bears, and Hello Kitty.
- Michael Malone: The Delectable Mountains, Dingley Falls, Handling Sin, Uncivil Seasons, Time's Witness, Foolscap, First Lady, Red Clay, Blue Cadillac, The Last Noel, The Four Corners of the Sky
- Georgette Heyer: entire fiction collection US editions, including the historicals, romances, and mysteries
- Karleen Koen: Through a Glass Darkly, Before Versailles
- Jill Mansell: novels, US editions
- Tim Sandlin: Sex & Sunsets, Western Swing, Skipped Parts, Sorrow Floats, Social Blunders, Lydia
- Elizabeth Chadwick: numerous historical novels
- C.C. Humphreys: Vlad: The Last Confession, "Jack Absolute" series, "The French Executioner"
- Tiffanie DeBartolo: God-Shaped Hole, How to Kill a Rock Star
- Tony Parsons: Man and Boy
- Andre Brink: Other Lives, Rumours of Rain, Instant in the Wind, Cape of Storms
- Alan Cheuse: To Catch the Lightning, A Trance After Breakfast, Song of Slaves in the Desert
- Cecelia Holland: Great Maria
- Ayelet Waldman: Daughter's Keeper
- Michael Dobbs: Winston's War, Churchill's Hour, Churchill's Triumph, Never Surrender, "House of Cards", "To Play the King", "The Final Cut"
- Frank Deford: The Entitled, An American Summer, The Other Adonis
- Laura Kinsale: Lessons in French, Midsummer Moon, Prince of Midnight, Seize the Fire
- D. E. Stevenson: Miss Buncle's Book, Miss Buncle Married, The Young Clementina, The Two Mrs. Abbotts, Four Graces
- Susanna Kearsley: "The Winter Sea", "The Firebird", "Mariana", "The Splendour Falls", "The Rose Garden", "The Shadowy Horses", "A Desperate Fortune"
- Seth Patrick: "Les Revenants" (The Returned - A Novel)
- Joe Garner: We Interrupt This Broadcast, CDs narrated by Bill Kurtis; And The Crowd Goes Wild, And The Fans Roared, CDs narrated by Bob Costas, Echoes of Notre Dame Football, CDs narrated by Regis Philbin
- David Houle (futurist): "Entering the Shift Age", "The New Health Age: The Future of Health Care in America", "The Shift Age"
- Hannah Storm: Go Girl!: Raising Healthy, Confident and Successful Girls through Sports
- Qanta A. Ahmed: In the Land of Invisible Women
- Elise Paschen: Poetry Speaks CDs narrated by Charles Osgood, Poetry Speaks to Children, Poetry Speaks Expanded, Poetry Speaks Who I Am
- Michael Waldman: My Fellow Americans: The Most Important Speeches of America’s Presidents from George Washington to Barack Obama, CDs narrated by George Stephanopoulos
- Gary Gruber: various SAT, ACT, GRE, and other test prep guides
- Tom Heehler: The Well-Spoken Thesaurus
- Edward B. Fiske: "Fiske Guide to Colleges (annual)", "Fiske Guide to Getting into the Right College"
Children's and Young Adult Books
- Nikki Giovanni: Hip Hop Speaks to Children: A Celebration of Poetry with a Beat, 100 Best African American Poems
- Francesca Simon: Horrid Henry chapter books (US editions)
- Bindi Irwin: Bindi Wildlife Adventures chapter books (US editions)
- Kristi Yamaguchi: Dream Big, Little Pig!, It's a Big World, Little Pig!
- Len Berman: The Greatest Moments in Sports w/ CD, The 25 Greatest Baseball Players of All Time
- Mary Ann Hoberman, U.S. Children's Poet Laureate: "The Tree That Time Built"
- Kenn Nesbitt, U.S. Children's Poet Laureate: My Hippo Has the Hiccups, The Tighty Whitey Spider, More Bears!, The Ultimate Top Secret Guide to Taking Over the World
- Miranda Kenneally, "Catching Jordan", "Stealing Parker", "Things I Can't Forget", "Racing Savannah"
- Geoff Herbach, "Stupid Fast", "Nothing Special", "I'm With Stupid", "Fat Boy vs. the Cheerleaders"
- "Sourcebooks Raccah Charges Into Digital Age with eBook Publishing".
- Meyer, Ann (2010-09-13). "dominique-raccah-niche-publishers". Chicago Tribune.
- "Sourcebook". Chicago Sun-Times.[dead link]
- Greenfield, Jeremy. Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeremygreenfield/2013/11/14/personalization-in-publishing-books-written-just-for-you/. Missing or empty
- Greenfield, Jeremy. Sourcebooks Acquires US Rights to Seth Patrick’s The Returned: A Novel http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/90624/sourcebooks-acquires-us-rights-seth-patricks-returned-novel/. Missing or empty