|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008)|
|Also known as||Byte the Bullet|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal|
Floyd's Funk Revival/The Floyds
Butch Walker and the Let's Go Out Tonights
|Past members||Jesse Harte
SouthGang was a Los Angeles-based rock band composed of lead vocalist Jesse Harte, guitarist Butch Walker, bassist Jayce Fincher, and drummer Mitch "Slug" McLee, active in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The band's original name was Byte the Bullet, which was changed to SouthGang before they released their first album, Tainted Angel. They had a similar style to many of the other "hair bands" of the era. The band is best remembered for their 1991 single "Tainted Angel," which received some MTV airplay, especially during Headbanger's Ball.
Tainted Angel was produced by Howard Benson and Desmond Child.
More recently, Butch Walker has had a successful solo music career, as well as written and produced hits for many of today's pop and rock artists such as Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco & Bowling for Soup.
Butch Walker is currently pursuing his solo career after Marvelous 3 called it a day. He has also been co-writing and producing other artists.
Jesse Harte is currently residing in the Atlanta Area, working in the cell phone industry. He released an EP in 2012 with a project called Red Bloody Hearts.
Mitch McLee is still playing drums in Atlanta, Georgia.
Jayce Fincher is married to Christina Lloree-Fincher with a couple of children. He is working at a church in Atlanta as the musical production "go to" person. He also works with the middle school ministry.
- Jesse Harte - vocals
- Butch Walker - guitar, acoustic guitar, 12-string acoustic guitar, talkbox, backing vocals
- Jayce Fincher - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Mitch "Slug" McLee - drums, percussion, tambourine
- Tainted Angel - 1991
- Group Therapy - 1992
- SouthGang: Live in Heaven - bootleg live album from 5/29/1991
- "Love Ain't Enough" from Tainted Angel
- "Love For Sale" from Tainted Angel
- "Tainted Angel" from Tainted Angel
- "Fire In Your Body" from Group Therapy
- "Tug of War" from Group Therapy