South Australian Grade Cricket League
South Australian Grade Cricket (previously known as South Australian District Cricket) is the semi-professional State league based in metropolitan Adelaide, South Australia. It is currently the highest level of cricket played in South Australia outside first class cricket. The league is administered by the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA), which is the organisation responsible for promoting and developing the game of cricket in South Australia.
There are 13 clubs in the SACA Grade cricket competition.
All clubs field four senior teams and 12 of the clubs have four junior teams competing in regular weekend competitions. Clubs also have teams involved in various competitions including:
- XXXX Gold Grade Cricket; Premium State cricket competition;
- XXXX Gold Cup; one-day competition;
- XXXX Gold Twenty20 Cup, Twenty20 competition.
- BankSA shield; Under 17 one-day competition. Played on weekdays during the Summer school holidays.
- Under 16s, Reds (1st XI) and Whites (2nd XI) competition. Premium Underage competition;
- Under 14s, Reds (1st XI) and Whites (2nd XI) competition. Premium Youth Development competition;
- Ray Sutton Shield; year 6 and 7 students one-day competition, Premium Primary school competition.
- Under 12 Statewide Cup; Under 12 Twenty20 and One-Day Competition, All Grade Clubs Plus Two Country Teams; Country Red and Country Black
- Adelaide Cricket Club (Adelaide Buffalos)
- East Torrens Cricket Club (Eastern Reds)
- Glenelg Cricket Club (The Seahorses)
- Kensington Cricket Club (The Browns)
- Port Adelaide Cricket Club (Port Adelaide Magpies)
- Prospect Cricket Club (The Pirates)
- Northern Districts Cricket Club (The Jets)
- Southern Districts Cricket Club (The Stingrays)
- Sturt Cricket Club (The Blues) – formerly Unley CC
- Tea Tree Gully Cricket Club (The Bulls)
- Adelaide University Cricket Club (The Blacks)
- West Torrens Cricket Club (Western Eagles) – formerly Hindmarsh CC
- Woodville Cricket Club (The Peckers)
The A-Grade competition has been contested since the 1873–1874 season, and the "District", or electorate, club system since 1897–1898. The following list shows the premiership side for each season.
|1942–1943||Competition Not Held|
|1995–1996||Tea Tree Gully|
- Grade cricket for like competitions in other states