||It has been suggested that SoBe Mr. Green be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2013.|
|Founded||Norwalk, Connecticut (1996)|
|Founder(s)||John Bello, Tom Schwalm|
|Headquarters||Purchase, New York, U.S.|
Fruit juice drinks
SoBe (stylised as SOBE) is a brand of teas, fruit-juice blends (smoothie) and enhanced water beverages owned by PepsiCo. The name SoBe is an abbreviation of South Beach, named after the upscale area located in Miami Beach, Florida. In the past, the SoBe name has also been licensed for gum and chocolate products. SoBe recently switched from glass bottles to plastic bottles for all of its beverages.
SoBe began as the South Beach Beverage Company, a drink manufacturer based in Norwalk, Connecticut from 1996-2001. Their first product was SoBe Black Tea 3G which contained ginseng, guarana, and ginkgo. It proved popular and led to the introduction of other flavors. The company was bought by PepsiCo in October 2000. It was co-founded by John Bello and Tom Schwalm in 1995.
- SoBe Lifewater
- SoBe Elixirs
- SoBe Tea
- SoBe Pure Rush
- SoBe Adrenaline Rush
- SoBe No Fear (now marketed solely under the No Fear brand)
- SoBe Elixirs 3C
- Power Line
- SoBe Synergy
- SoBe Nirvana
- SoBe Special Recipes
- SoBe Essential Energy
- SoBe Ice
- SoBe Mr. Green
- SoBe Zen Blend
- Sobe Wisdom
- SoBe SuperMan
- SoBe Good
- SoBe 24k Gold
- In 2003, advertisements for SoBe were featured on buses in the video game Driv3r.
- Lizard Tales is a monthly digital newsletter published by SoBe for their fans. The newsletter provides consumers with product updates, promotions and cultural trends.
- SoBe recently partnered with Jessica Szohr and previously Twilight star Ashley Greene for their SoBe Lifewater Skinsuit campaign.
- Heads or Tails was the name of the SoBe under-the-cap promotion where consumers could instantly win prizes, including SoBe apparel, Apple iPods, Apple MacBook Pros, or product coupons for future purchases.
- In 2010, SoBe Lifewater partnered with AOL FanHouse to bring college basketball fans a bracket challenge where they could play their bracket against the brackets of celebrities, including Kendra Wilkinson, Brooklyn Decker, Jerry Rice and Kenny "The Jet" Smith. Those fans whose bracket beat a celebrity bracket had a chance to meet them. If a fan had a perfect bracket, they could win up to $10,000,000.
- Starting in 2007, SoBe sponsored the Chicago Rush cheerleaders of the Arena Football League. The Rush dance team was called the SoBe Adrenalin Rush Dancers.
- In 2008 & 2009, SoBe had Super Bowl ads in Monsters Vs. Aliens support of Sobe Lifewater.
- In 2011, Ellie Goulding was announced as the UK face of SoBe. As part of the campaign she spent time in South Beach, Miami interviewing locals and traveling to South Beach hot-spots.
- In July 2001, SoBe partnered with Mike Tyson: Main Event in launching a mobile gaming campaign for the brand's teas, fruit juice blends, and enhanced waters.
- Yvonne Strahovski is the current SoBe Skinsuit model for 2012, promoting their Coconut Water LifeWater.
- SoBe Official Website
- SoBe Facebook Page
- Pepsi Product Facts
- Ingredient list and explanation for SoBe Strawberry daiquiri
- Ingredient list and explanation for SoBe Orange Cream
- Ingredient list and explanation for SoBe Citrus Energy
- Ingredient list and explanation for SoBe White Peach Oolong Tea