South Carolina Highway 160
|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||11.04 mi (17.77 km)|
|Existed:||1942 – present|
|West end:||NC 160 at the NC line near Charlotte, NC|
|I-77 in Fort Mill|
|East end:||US 521 in Indian Land|
SC 160 begins at the North Carolina state line near the Steele Creek area of Charlotte, North Carolina. Going southeast, it crosses Gold Hill Road in Tega Cay before entering Fort Mill. The highway goes through the downtown area of Fort Mill, connecting briefly with US 21 Business. Continuing east, it ends at US 521 in Indian Land. The route width varies between two lanes and five lanes.
Though the highway is commonly known as "SC 160" or "Highway 160" throughout the state, the highway does have other known names it uses locally in areas.
- Fort Mill Highway – road name of highway west of Fort Mill to Lancaster County, though sometimes used interchangeably for entire route.
- John D. Patterson Memorial Highway – official South Carolina honorary name of SC 160 in Lancaster County.
Old signs along highway use a north–south designation; newer signs designate the highway as east–west.
|York||0.00||0.00||NC 160 (Steele Creek Road) – Gastonia||North Carolina state line|
|0.96||1.54||SC 460 east (Gold Hill Road) – Tega Cay, Knights Stadium||Western terminus of SC 460|
|3.92||6.31||I-77 – Columbia, Charlotte||Exit 85 (I-77)|
|Fort Mill||4.63||7.45||US 21||Western terminus of SC 160 Truck|
US 21 Bus. north (Old Nation Road) – Pineville, Charlotte
|Western end of US 21 Bus. concurrency|
US 21 Bus. south (South White Street) – Rock Hill
|Eastern end of US 21 Bus. concurrency|
|7.38||11.88||SC 460 west (Springfield Parkway)||Eastern termini of SC 460 / SC 160 Truck|
|Lancaster||Indian Land||11.04||17.77||US 521 (Charlotte Highway) – Rock Hill, Pineville, Charlotte|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Fort Mill truck route
|Location:||Fort Mill, South Carolina|
|Length:||6.99 mi (11.25 km)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South Carolina Highway 160.|
- South Carolina Department of Transportation: Statewide Highways 2012. Specifics: . Files: .
- Google Inc. "South Carolina Highway 160". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S+Carolina+160+E&daddr=S+Carolina+160+E%2FFort+Mill+Hwy&hl=en&ll=35.041241,-80.922546&spn=0.117075,0.222988&sll=35.001452,-80.855639&sspn=0.00183,0.003484&geocode=FaoyFwIdDjQs-w%3BFUYVFgId4Dwu-w&vpsrc=6&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=19&t=p&z=13. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "South Carolina Legislature Online - Bill #4952". Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page: SC 160". Retrieved 2012-01-08.[unreliable source]
- Google Inc. "SC 160 Truck - Fort Mill". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N+White+St&daddr=35.0469765,-80.9240715+to:Tom+Hall+St&hl=en&ll=35.033089,-80.91774&spn=0.058543,0.111494&sll=35.033581,-80.915165&sspn=0.058543,0.111494&geocode=FYJbFgIdfLEs-w%3BFUDGFgIdWTIt-yklfMdJyoRWiDHNP_rmp95Vyg%3BFQIxFgId7Eot-w&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&t=p&z=14. Retrieved 2012-01-08.