South Carolina Highway 161
|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||28.7 mi (46.2 km)|
|Existed:||1930 – present|
|South end:||US 21 in Rock Hill|
| I-77 in Rock Hill
US 321 in York
|North end:||NC 161 at the NC line near Kings Mountain|
Route description 
SC 161 is a multi-lane highway, traversing from US 21 and Interstate 77, through the northern part of Rock Hill and north around York, to the back entrance area of Kings Mountain State Park and Kings Mountain National Military Park and North Carolina state line.
The first SC 161 appeared in 1923 as a new primary routing from SC 16, in Eau Claire, to SC 22. It was extended northwest by 1926 to SC 7, in Leeds. In 1928, the entire route was renumbered as part of SC 215.
The current SC 161 was established in 1930 as a new primary route, it originally traversed from SC 16 (today US 321) to the North Carolina state line, continuing as NC 215 (renumbered in 1937 to NC 161). In 1959, SC 161 was extended south, through York, to its current southern terminus at US 21 in Rock Hill. In 1986 or 1987, SC 161 was placed on bypass north around York, in concurrency with SC 5.
Junction list 
The entire route is in York County.
|Rock Hill||0.0||0.0||US 21 (Cherry Road) – Fort Mill, Rock Hill|
|0.1||0.2||I-77 – Columbia, Charlotte|
|4.2||6.8||SC 274 east (Ebenezer Road)||East end of SC 274 overlap|
|5.7||9.2||SC 901 south (Heckle Boulevard)|
|7.0||11.3||SC 274 west (Hands Mill Highway) – Lake Wylie, Gastonia||West end of SC 274 overlap|
SC 5 south / SC 5 Bus. north / SC 161 Bus. north – York, Rock Hill
|South end of SC 5 overlap|
|15.1||24.3||SC 49 (Charlotte Highway) – York, Lake Wylie, Charlotte|
US 321 south / SC 5 north / SC 161 Bus. south – Blacksburg, Chester
|South end of US 321 overlap, north end of SC 5 overlap|
|18.8||30.3||US 321 north – Clover, Gastonia||North end of US 321 overlap|
|Bethany||25.2||40.6||SC 55 – Blacksburg, Clover|
|State line||28.7||46.2||NC 161 north|
Bannered routes 
Currently, there is one business loop along SC 161:
SC 161 Business
|Location:||York, South Carolina|
York business loop 
SC 161 Business follows the old alignment of SC 161 through downtown York, via Liberty Street.
See also 
- Catawba River
- Crowders Mountain State Park
- Kings Mountain National Military Park
- Kings Mountain State Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: South Carolina Highway 161|
- Google Inc. Google Maps – South Carolina Highway 161 (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Celanese+Rd&daddr=35.0145016,-81.2213532+to:S+Carolina+161&hl=en&ll=35.072998,-81.167336&spn=0.229562,0.445976&sll=35.001035,-81.235056&sspn=0.059129,0.111494&geocode=FQivFQIdAEgs-w%3BFWVHFgIdF6ko-ykXBRuqu_NWiDERGAyhM-wEnA%3BFU-NGAIdWggn-w&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&t=p&z=12. Retrieved November 24, 2012.
- "Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page (SC 160-169)". Retrieved November 24, 2012.[unreliable source]