South Carolina Highway 327
|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||22.8 mi (36.7 km)|
|Existed:||1942 – present|
|South end:||US 52 / US 301 in Effingham|
|US 76 / US 301 in Mars Bluff|
|North end:||I-95 near Quinby|
South Carolina Highway 327 (SC 327) is a primary state highway in the U.S. state of South Carolina. It serves as an alternative bypass east of Florence and a connector route from Interstate 95 to Myrtle Beach.
SC 327 has two identities: one as a rural two-lane highway bypassing Florence and the other as a divided four-lane highway connecting beach travelers from Interstate 95 to US 76/US 301 and onto Myrtle Beach.
Established by 1942 as a new primary routing from US 52, in Effingham, to SC 51, in Evergreen. In 1947 or 1948, SC 327 was extended east as a new primary routing from Evergreen to US 76/US 301, in Winona. By 1952, the Effingham to Evergreen section was paved, and later extended east to Clausen a year later; by 1958 the entire route was paved.
By 1958, SC 327 was rerouted from Claussen to US 76/US 301 in Mars Bluff; the old alignment was downgraded to secondary roads: National Cemetery Road (S-21-13) and Paper Mill Road (S-21-24). In 1971, SC 327 was extended north, overlapping with US 76/US 301 then north along existing roads to I-95. In 1992, the US 76/US 301 to I-95 section was widen to a divided four-lane highway.
In 2010, funds were appropriated to improve the interchange at I-95; construction began the following year.
The entire route is in Florence County.
|Effingham||0.0||0.0||US 52 / US 301 – Florence, Olanta, Manning, Lake City|
|Evergreen||4.9||7.9||SC 51 north (Pamplico Highway) – Florence||North end of SC 51 overlap|
|5.0||8.0||SC 51 south (Pamplico Highway) – Pamplico||South end of SC 51 overlap|
|Mars Bluff||15.9||25.6||US 76 east / US 301 north (Marion Highway) – Marion, Myrtle Beach||East end of US 76 and north end of US 301 overlap|
|Florence||17.5||28.2||US 76 west (Palmetto Street) / US 301 south (Freedom Boulevard) – Florence, Manning||West end of US 76 and north end of US 301 overlap|
|22.8||36.7||I-95 – Fayetteville, Florence|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google Inc. "South Carolina Highway 327". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=SC-327+N%2FE+Effingham+Hwy&daddr=34.095584,-79.6403251+to:SC-327+N%2FN+Williston+Rd&hl=en&ll=34.168068,-79.690704&spn=0.247418,0.445976&sll=34.268548,-79.698923&sspn=0.015516,0.027874&geocode=FR3KBwIddO4--w%3BFeBBCAId-8hA-ynVAGKyyFhViDFNaue85CsQyg%3BFYrrCgIdds8_-w&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=16&via=1&t=p&z=12. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (1950) (PDF). General Highway Map, Florence County, South Carolina (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/scrm/id/286/rec/2. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (1962) (PDF). General Highway Map, Florence County, South Carolina (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/scrm/id/580/rec/1. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (1971) (PDF). General Highway Map, Florence County, South Carolina (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/scrm/id/257/rec/2. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (1996) (PDF). General Highway Map, Florence County, South Carolina (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/scrm/id/305/rec/4. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- "Florence gets USDOT grant for I-95 improvements". Continuous News Desk (Florence, SC: CarolinaLive.com). February 19, 2010. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Media related to South Carolina Highway 327 at Wikimedia Commons
- Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page: SC 320-329