South Carolina Highway 47
|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||5.74 mi (9.24 km)|
|Existed:||1930 – present|
|West end:||US 301 near Elloree|
|East end:||SC 6 / SC 267 in Elloree|
SC 47 is a two-lane rural highway that connect the town of Elloree southwest to US 301, located at Goodbys Swamp. The predominant features along the route is farmland; in Elloree, the downtown area the road is divided with parking on driver's right-side.
Established in 1930 as a new primary routing, connecting SC 4 (currently US 301) and SC 45 (currently SC 6/SC 267); it is also the second SC 47. The entire highway was paved by 1938. In 1940, SC 47 was extended north, in concurrency with SC 6, to Lone Star, then northwest to SC 26 (currently US 601), near Singleton. In 1948 it was reverted to its original and current routing, leaving behind Lone Star Road (S-9-11).
The first SC 47 was an original state highway (1922) that traversed from SC 40, in Green Sea, northwest through Nichols and Lake View, before entering North Carolina. By 1926 was renumbered to SC 94.
The entire route is in Orangeburg County.
|0.00||0.00||US 301 (Five Chop Road) – Santee, Orangeburg|
|Elloree||5.74||9.24||SC 6 / SC 267 (Main Street) / East Cleveland Street – Santee, St. Matthews, Santee State Park|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Elloree truck route
|Location:||Elloree, South Carolina|
|Length:||1.08 mi (1.7 km)|
SC 47 Truck route in Elloree begins at Felderville Road (S-38-81) then onto Snider Street (S-38-1023); at Main Street, it goes back northwest, in concurrency with SC 6/SC 267, reuniting with SC 47 at its northern terminus. A Food Lion distribution center is located in the town, the truck route provides an alternate route to that center.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation: Statewide Highways 2012. Specifics: . Files: .
- Google, Inc. "South Carolina Highway 47". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=SC-47+N%2FCleveland+St&daddr=W+Cleveland+St&hl=en&ll=33.496027,-80.576477&spn=0.118673,0.222988&sll=33.530592,-80.572105&sspn=0.003707,0.006968&geocode=FXeK_gEdZeYx-w%3BFb6j_wEdg5Ay-w&t=p&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=18&z=13. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (1943) (PDF). General Highway Map, Calhoun County, South Carolina (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/scrm/id/338/rec/3. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (1940) (PDF). General Highway Map, Orangeburg County, South Carolina (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/scrm/id/604/rec/1. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- Google, Inc. "South Carolina Highway 47 Truck - Elloree". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=State+Rd+S-38-81&daddr=33.5227113,-80.5739983+to:33.5271559,-80.5690608+to:Main+St&hl=en&ll=33.529161,-80.565577&spn=0.029657,0.055747&sll=33.530341,-80.571054&sspn=0.003707,0.006968&geocode=FTmH_wEdhHIy-w%3BFReE_wEd0oky-ynj7Y20nSb_iDHZWBtkOURnZg%3BFXOV_wEdHJ0y-ynnKiKOICT_iDGyVlV9sBCq8Q%3BFdWj_wEdopAy-w&mra=dme&mrsp=3&sz=18&via=1,2&t=p&z=15. Retrieved September 8, 2013.