South Carolina Highway 517
|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||3.84 mi (6.18 km)|
|Existed:||1993 – present|
|South end:||SC 703 in Isle of Palms|
|North end:||US 17 in Mount Pleasant|
South Carolina Highway 517 (SC 517, aka Isle of Palms Connector or Clyde Moultrie Dangerfield Highway) is a 3.8-mile (6.1 km) long state highway in the eastern part of the Charleston, South Carolina metropolitan area. It exists completely within Charleston County, in the southeastern part of the U.S. state of South Carolina. The highway travels in a southeast-northwest orientation from Isle of Palms to Mount Pleasant. Most of the highway consists of the Isle of Palms Connector Bridge.
SC 517 begins at an intersection with SC 703 (Palm Boulevard) in Isle of Palms. It passes over the Intracoastal Waterway. The only significant intersection on the route, aside from each terminus, is with Rifle Range Road. The road continues northwest until it meets its northern terminus at US 17 in Mount Pleasant.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (September 2013)|
Established in 1993 as new construction; it included a median lane, which is used during evacuation emergencies. Historically, SC 517 existed once before from 1942-1948; connecting between SC 3, north of Blackville, to SC 5, north of Denmark. Today it is Gardenia Road (S-6-38) and Springfield Road (S-5-29).
The entire route is in Charleston County.
|Isle of Palms||0.00||0.00||SC 703 (Palm Boulevard) / 14th Avenue – Sullivan's Island|
|Mount Pleasant||3.84||6.18||US 17 – Charleston, Georgetown|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- South Carolina Department of Transportation: Statewide Highways 2012. Specifics: . Files: .
- Google (February 2, 2013). "Route of SC 517". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "National Highway System: Charleston--North Charleston, SC" (PDF). United States Department of Transportation. October 1, 2012. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
Route map: Bing
- Media related to South Carolina Highway 517 at Wikimedia Commons
- Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page: SC 510-519