South Central Railway zone
|South Central Railway
दक्षिण मध्य रेलवे
South Central Railway-6
SCR's headquarters Secunderabad Railway Station
|Locale||Telangana,Andhra Pradesh & Maharashtra|
|Dates of operation||02 October 1966–Present|
|Headquarters||Secunderabad Railway Station|
|Website||SCR official website|
The South Central Railway is one of the 17 railway zones in India. South Central Railway was formed on 2 October 1966 when Hubli and Vijayawada Divisions of Southern Railway and Sholapur and Secunderabad Divisions of Central Railway were carved out and merged into a new Zone. Subsequently, Guntakal Division of Southern Railway was merged with South Central Railway on 2 October 1977 and Sholapur Division was remerged with Central Railway. Secunderabad Division was split into two Divisions viz. Secunderabad and Hyderabad on 17 February 1978. Following reorganisation of zones and Divisions with effect from 1 April 2003, two new Divisions viz., Guntur and Nanded were operationalised duly transferring Hubli Division to newly formed South Western Railway.
Presently S.C. Railway has 6 Divisions, viz, Secunderabad, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Guntakal, Guntur and Nanded. South Central Railway predominantly serves the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Maharashtra and to a limited extent, portions of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Madhya Pradesh states.
It was created on 2 October 1966 as the ninth zone of Indian Railways. The six divisions of this railway have a total 5,752 route kilometers of track. Current General Manager of S.C. Railway is P.K. Srivastasa.
In 2008 South Central Railways was the first to implement a wireless MU Coupler system supplied by Ms Lotus Wireless Technologies, permitting longer freight trains delivering higher capacity. The system was first implemented in diesel locomotives in 2008 followed by installation on electric locomotives in 2011 at Electric Loco Shed, Kazipet. Trains equipped with this system are in use at Badrachalam region in the South Central Railways.
Vijayawada is the second largest railway junction in India and the most important station of the Indian Railway.vijayawada is heart of south central railways it is more important than secundrabad earning more income than rest of the other.
Divisions in South Central Railway
It is organized into six divisions: Vijayawada, Secunderabad, Guntakal, Guntur, Hyderabad and Nanded. It covers over a vast geographical area including Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.The list of divisions shown below according to their revenue status.
- Vijayawada - Nidadavolu Jn. - Samarlakota Jn. - Thadi.
- Vijayawada - Tenali - Gudur.
- Venkatachalam to Krishnapatnam
- Vijayawada to Kondapalli.
- Secunderabad Jn. - Kazipet Jn. Balharshah Jn.
- Peddapalli to Jagityal.
- Balharshah Jn. to Gadchandur.
- Bibinagar Jn. to Pagidipall.
- Kazipet Jn. - Dornakal Junction - Kondapalli.
- Motamarri to Mellacheruvu.
- Dornakal Jn. to Munuguru.
- Kesarapalli to Singareni.
- Secunderabad Jn. - Vikarabad Jn. - Parli Vaijnath.
- Vikarabad Jn. - Wadi Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - Gooty Jn. - Renigunta Junction - Gudur Jn.
- Gooty Jn. - Pendekallu.
- Gooty Jn. - Kalluru.
- Yerraguntla - Nossam.
- Guntakal Junction - Dharmavaram Jn. - Pakala Jn. - Katpadi Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - Adoni - Raichur - Wadi Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - Bellary Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - DhoneJ Jn. - Nandyal.
- Guntur Junction to Krishna Canal
- Guntur Junction to Nallapadu Jn.
- Nallapadu Jn. to Nandyal.
- Nallapadu Jn. to Pagidipalli.
- Hyderabad - Gadwal Jn. - Dhone Jn.
- Hyderabad - Jankampet Jn. - Mudkhed.
- Jankampet Jn. - Bodhan.
- Manmad Jn. - Parbhani Jn. - Purna Jn. - Pimpalkutti.
- Purna Jn. - Akola Jn.
- Parbhani Jn. - Parli Vaijnath.
- Amaravati Express
- Andhra Pradesh Express
- Andhra Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express
- Charminar Express
- Devagiri Express
- East Coast Express (India)
- Falaknuma Express
- Godavari Express
- Golconda Express
- Goutami Express
- Hussainsagar Express
- Hyderabad Mumbai Express
- Krishna Express
- Pinakini Express
- Padmavati Express
- Palnadu Express
- Janmabhoomi Express
- Rajdhani Express – Secunderabad
- Ratnachal Express
- Rajkot Secunderabad Express
- Satavahana Express
- Sabari Express
- Narasapur Express
- Simhapuri Express
- Vijayawada–Chennai Jan Shatabdi
- Tungabhadra Express
- circar express
- Narayanadri Express
- Tirumala Express
- Simhadri Express
- "About Us". South Central Railway. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.