South Chadderton Metrolink station
South Chadderton station prior to opening
Location of South Chadderton in Greater Manchester
|Local authority||Metropolitan Borough of Oldham|
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||13 June 2012|
|UK Trams portal|
South Chadderton Metrolink Station is a stop on the Oldham and Rochdale Line (ORL) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. It opened to passengers on 13 June 2012 and is located between Drury Lane and Stanley Road in southern Chadderton, a part of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, England. It was purpose-built for Metrolink as part of Phase 3a of the system's expansion, on the route of the former Oldham Loop Line.
Services run from South Chadderton to Rochdale railway station via Oldham Mumps and Shaw and Crompton and to East Didsbury via Victoria every 12 minutes Monday–Saturday and Sunday daytime and every 15 minutes Sunday evenings.
- 5 trams per hour to Rochdale railway station
- 5 trams per hour to East Didsbury
Connecting bus routes
South Chadderton station is served by First Greater Manchester services 81 and 81A, which stop nearby on Coalshaw Green Road. The services run northbound to Oldham before continuing to Derker (81) or Holts Estate via Waterhead (81A), while southbound, the 81 and 81A run to Manchester via Moston.
- "Metrolink line to Oldham set to open". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "South Chadderton Local Area Map". Metrolink. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - South Chadderton". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Oldham and Rochdale Line". Metrolink. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Metrolink stop information
- South Chadderton area map
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
towards East Didsbury
|East Didsbury – Rochdale Town Centre Line||
towards Rochdale Town Centre
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This UK Tram-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|