South Lake, Kern County, California
|Elevation||2,887 ft (880 m)|
South Lake is located along the south shore of Lake Isabella. A CalTrans G9-2 guide sign posted along SR178 identifies the population as 160. The community uses Weldon, California's ZIP Code of 93283 and is contained within Area code 760.
This populated place has a US Geological Survey (USGS), National Geographic Names Database feature ID of either 1867057 (current) or 1661474 (in older editions). Elevation above mean sea level is shown as 2,887 feet (880 m).
Kern County Fire Department, "South Lake" Station 71 is located at 9000 Navajo Ave. The station is identified as part of organizational unit "Battalion 7." 
South of town, Goat Ranch Canyon extends into the Paiute Mountains.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: South Lake, Kern County, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 1108. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- The Register identifies the site as #80000803 and it was added to the Register in 1980.
- Per USGS Geonames server.
- Weldon, California, 7.5-minute Quadrangle, US Geological Survey, 1989.
- Fire station is described on the local fire fighter's union web page. It is also shown in many local and federal public records.
|This Kern County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|