South Plains College
South Plains College is a junior college located in Levelland, Texas. It operates satellite branches in Plainview and at the Reese Technology Center, formerly Reese Air Force Base, in Lubbock. SPC also has many classes in the Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center in Lubbock, as part of a joint venture with the Lubbock Independent School District.
In 1989, the college honored the Mayfield Brothers, Smokey Mayfield (1924–2008) and Herbert Mayfield (1920–2008), for their contributions to Bluegrass music in West Texas. A third Mayfield, Thomas Edd Mayfield (1926–1958) died of leukemia while on tour with Bill Monroe.
- The Whiteface Consolidated Independent School District,
- All of Bailey, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Motley, Cochran, Hockley, Lubbock, Crosby, Yoakum, Terry, Lynn, and Garza counties, and
- All of Gaines County, excluding the portion within the Seminole Independent School District.
South Plains plays as part of the Western Junior College Athletic Conference in athletics. It is also part of the National Junior College Athletic Association Region 5. The school participates in Men's and Women's Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Track & Field, and Rodeo. All the men's and women's basketball games are broadcast as part of the High Plains Radio Network under HPRN Sports on KLVT and at http://www.hprnetwork.com.
- Don Allison, musician and vocalist
- Waylon Jennings, Country singer
- Sally Kipyego, championship runner for the Texas Tech Red Raiders, first Kenyan woman to win an NCAA cross country individual championship
- Natalie Maines, country singer (Dixie Chicks)
- Renaldo Major, NBA player
- Bo Outlaw, NBA player
- Corinna Ripple, fiddle player for Flying J Wranglers of Alto, New Mexico
- Phil Stephenson (Class of 1966), member of the Texas House of Representatives from Wharton County west of Houston
- Sheryl Swoopes, championship basketball player for the Texas Tech Red Raiders, WNBA player
- Lee Ann Womack, country singer
- Renny Quow, Olympian, Sprinter
- LaToy Williams Sprinter
- Rondell Bartholomew Sprinter
- Texas Education Code, Section 130.198, "South PlainsCollege District Service Area".