South Renovo, Pennsylvania
|South Renovo, Pennsylvania|
South Renovo and the West Branch Susquehanna River
|• Type||Borough Council|
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Density||2,824.2/sq mi (1,075.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC)|
South Renovo is located at (41.324405, -77.744307).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.6 km²), of which, 0.2 square miles (0.5 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (16.67%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 557 people, 226 households, and 141 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,824.2 people per square mile (1,075.3/km²). There were 261 housing units at an average density of 1,323.4 per square mile (503.9/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 99.82% White and 0.18% Native American.
There were 226 households out of which 29.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.9% were married couples living together, 10.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.6% were non-families. 35.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 24.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.28 and the average family size was 2.92.
In the borough the population was spread out with 22.3% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 22.1% from 25 to 44, 22.4% from 45 to 64, and 27.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 88.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 83.5 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $24,853, and the median income for a family was $34,625. Males had a median income of $30,455 versus $17,639 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $14,751. About 6.8% of families and 10.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.0% of those under age 18 and 8.9% of those age 65 or over.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Media related to South Renovo, Pennsylvania at Wikimedia Commons