South San Francisco (BART station)
|South San Francisco|
The eastern side of the South San Francisco BART Station
|Address||1333 Mission Road
South San Francisco, CA 94080
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Parking||3500 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($2/day), Midday (free after 3pm), Carpool ($2/day), Extended Weekend (free), Airport/Long Term ($6/day).|
|Bicycle facilities||30 Lockers|
|Opened||June 22, 2003|
|Passengers (FY 2012)||2,977 exits/day 5.08%|
South San Francisco is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station located in suburban South San Francisco, California in northern San Mateo County. It consists of two main tracks and a shared underground island platform.
|G||Street level||Exit/Entrance, to Park and Ride facilities|
|M||Mezzanine||Faregates, to Exits/Entrances|
|Northbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward Pittsburg / Bay Point (Colma)
← Richmond–Daly City/Millbrae toward Richmond (Colma)
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Southbound||→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport (San Bruno) →
→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward Millbrae weekends and weeknights (San Bruno) →
→ Richmond–Daly City/Millbrae toward Millbrae (San Bruno) →
|Avg. Weekday Ridership|
|Source: Avg Weekday Exits by Station|
Service at the station began on June 22, 2003, as part of the BART San Mateo County Extension project that extended BART service southward from Colma to Millbrae and San Francisco International Airport.
El Camino High School is located near the station along the opposite side of Mission Road, and Solaire Village, a 361-unit, mixed-use transit village that includes a Trader Joe's supermarket, is nearby.
Several SamTrans bus lines serve the station, including:
- 122 - daily local service to Stonestown Mall (San Francisco) via Kaiser Hospital, Westborough Shopping Center, King Plaza Shopping Center, Serramonte Shopping Center, Serra Center, Seton Medical Center, Colma BART, Westlake Shopping Center (Daly City), Daly City BART, and San Francisco State University.
- 130 - daily local service to Daly City BART (northbound) and Airport & Linden (South San Francisco, southbound) via Mission Street (San Francisco), Colma BART, Hillside Drive, downtown South San Francisco, and, indirectly, South San Francisco Caltrain.
- 132 - weekdays and Saturdays loop services around South San Francisco via downtown South San Francisco, Hillside Drive, Airport & Linden, South San Francisco City Hall, Grand Avenue, Orange Avenue, and Kaiser Hospital.
- 133 - weekdays and Saturdays local service to Serramonte Shopping Center (northbound) and Airport & Linden (South San Francisco, southbound) via Hickey Blvd, Buri Buri Shopping Center, South San Francisco Library, Rotary Plaza (San Bruno), San Bruno BART, Tanforan Mall, and Spruce Street.
- ECR (New Palo Alto to Daly City BART bus line) - daily local service along the El Camino Real corridor to Daly City BART (northbound) and Palo Alto Caltrain (southbound)
- Note Samtrans' bus lines 390 and 391 are no longer in service as of August 11, 2013.
- "BART Fiscal Year Weekday Average Exits". Bay Area Rapid Transit. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- Dull, dull, dull, dull: South S.F. transit village is a nothing in several shades of beige, by John King, San Francisco Chronicle, May 30, 2007, retrieved June 7, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South San Francisco BART station.|