From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from South Sea (disambiguation))
South Sea or South Seas or Southsea may refer to:
- Geographic region of the Pacific
- Other geographic descriptions
- Nanyang (geographical region), Chinese name for the geographical region south of China, particularly Southeast Asia. Literally meaning "Southern Ocean"
- Southern Ocean also known as the Great Southern Ocean, the Antarctic Ocean and the South Polar Ocean, comprises the southernmost waters of the World Ocean, generally taken to be south of 60°S latitude and encircling Antarctica
- South China Sea, a part of the Pacific Ocean, encompassing an area from Singapore to the Strait of Taiwan
- In Korea, the name is used for the body of water where the southeastern part of the Yellow Sea meets the southwestern part of the Sea of Japan. See South Sea (Korea)
- The former Zuiderzee, today's IJsselmeer, in the Netherlands
- Southsea, a seaside resort located in Portsmouth
- Mare Australe or Southern Sea on the Moon
- South Sea Bubble, speculation in the stock of The South Sea Company led to a great economic bubble in 1720, that caused financial ruin for many
- The South Sea Company, was a British joint stock company that traded in South America during the 18th century. Famous for its part in the South Sea Bubble
- South Seas (genre) a genre of literature and films taking place in Oceania or Pacific Islands
- In Japanese, Nankai means South Sea such as Nankaidō.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.